Universal Wicked Lair (by Stefan Pratter)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Downloaded last night and didnt get a chance to try it until this morning. Pretty fun. Hoping to dig in a little further tonight.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Didn't like this at all, sorry.

3. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I'm playing on normal difficulty, survival and i can say for sure that i can go on forever. My dungeond is 50 levels deep, apperantly the max. The heroes don't get stronger and when all of them spawn together at the same time they last a whopping 1 minute and 57 seconds. Thats to say, from when they spawned until the last one is dead. Also without me using any spells. They also don't make it past level 10. Though it could be a little less since i haven't counted.

Guess i pretty much broke the game :/

4. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    #24 vegu, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Hey, developer here - i agree that the rate in which heroes get stronger on the easier and normal modes needs to be looked at, they do get stronger but as you pointed out - not quick enough :) Thanks for the feedback! Have you tried any of the harder difficulties?

Also survival mode currently has a bug that makes you earn way too much gold way too quickly, hotfix for that is incoming in a few hours.

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I'm a fan of TD games or Dungeon Crawlers but after playing this one..mm also didn't like It at all

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Why? :confused:

7. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    I don't personally play TD games, the only other one I have is Anamoly defenders. Personally I love dungeons and trying out the synergy (oh yes synergy) of different units on heroes is cool.

The dev seems to actively want to make it better, so if you guys have problems with it, please be specific or why it's not a good fit. I would say more hero variety and traps down the road would be cool, future dlc's I'd be willing to pay if they add good content!

8. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Thanks for the feedback i appreciate it.

More heroes is probably the most requested feature thus far and will likely be the first thing ill add once the release craziness has worn off :)

9. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    #29 Woodrith, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Haha I hear you, let everyone get there hands on it and iron out the kinks. Just a thought, it would be kind of funny and give the heroes more personality I think if you added speech bubbles, just short little quips. Granted I might be the only one who'd be excited for that feature.....

After posting I realized they did have speech bubbles, apologies, long day.......

10. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    It always crashes whenever I try to start a new game (after choosing a difficulty and mode). This is on an iPod Touch 4.

Hope this can be fixed.

11. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    It was mostly because of the "nightly terror"'s ability (atleast i think thats its name.) to teleport to an abyss dungeon nearest to the town. And if the towns hp was already reduced to zero you get money for every invader that goes into the town. This wat you can get a ton of money if one of the first dungeons you built is an abyss. If that made any sense

12. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    It does, and thats the bug i meant :) its only supposed to reward the bonus amount once, fix for it is pushed to google play and should be live in an hour or so. IOS whenever apple approves the new version.

Thanks for the report!

13. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Thats unfortunate, i will look into it. Thanks!

14. waystar

waystar Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Hi. I love Tower Defense and interesting versions of it but just not getting this. No tutorial to help understand the mechanics is a problem for me.

15. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Can't Stop Playing

Moved ahead of Run Sackboy Run in my now playing, I am loving this game, IAP cash headed your way. Great concept and lots of fun! Looks great on iPad as well. If you get a chance add more adventures I love those little guys.

16. vegu

vegu Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Game Developer
    Finland
    That's fair, tutorial is pretty high on the list to add as well :) Thanks!

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    How is it compared to Castle Doombad (which was a fun little timewaster imo)?

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Experience: it takes me about 11 minutes to win the first game on Easy.

Statement: it definitely needs a tutorial but it is not too hard to figure out what is going on.

Observation: this is what Dungeon Keeper should have been...

Appreciation: I think I am buying the full game. Keep up the good work.

19. Hammo_ItsHDTrailer

Nov 27, 2014
  20. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This is not compared to the awesome Castle Doombad., and Doombad is just perfect