Wi-Fi and Itunes password

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by yourofl10, Feb 21, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I dont have wi-fi but my neighbor does, lets say I DLed a game over wi-fi and I entered in my itunes pass will the guy that owns the router be able to find my itunes pass or not, if he can I dont want him to buy stuff off my acc.

BOTTOM LINE:

is I enter my itunes pass via wi'fi can the router owner get my itunes pass somehow?

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    No, they can't. The router they have will just pass info through. It doesn't collect anything.

I know a lot of people who use their neighbors' wi-fi. When I lived in New York City, I didn't know one person who paid for internet. Everyone I knew used their neighbors router(that's easy when you have 3,000 neighbors).

It's not legal, but it happens. There's even iPhone apps that show what areas have routers without passwords that anyone can use.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    No he won't find it or see it.

How can you be concerned of someone stealing your content when your stealing there's.

Some people nowadays....what kind of logic is that?

4. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    You're stealing internet but don't want him to steal your games? Funny :p

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I didnt know it was illegal to steal internet rofl

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Well these days for people without a data limit, it isn't too annoying. But back in the days when you only had a certain amount of MB/GB each month, you'd have to pay extra if you'd go over that limit because of someone stealing bandwith.

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    If he's tech savvy, he could be monitoring the network traffic..

But there is no need to worry, account information is sent encrypted every time, he'd see nothing but garbage.

That's why you see a lock icon and "Secure Connection" on the iTunes account page.

Same goes for password inputs.