Why Won't TouchArcade Review This Game?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Donovan1209, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Please, all the people who hate the game, redownload it, and try it one more time. Please. That is all I ask.

And as for the doodle part of this conversation. Doodle is an art style that is horrifyingly overused. But DA came out before the HUGE craziness that was the Doodle Era. And even for a doodle game it looks clean and simple.

Also, Doodle Army has a separate multiplayer version (that will be free) coming soon ;)

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The thing that pisses me off is that TA posts some crap that never even gets a comment, but they are not willing to post something about this awesome game. And they obviously know that it exists because the Doodle Army thread is on the first page of threads almost every day.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Hodapp stated he didn't like the game very much.

I am glad that Touch Arcade doesn't waste space on games like this. There are a lot of quality games out there and they only have so much time for reviews.

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Why isn't the game in your sig then. And besides, the game is only on the front page as much as it is because of the same people posting over and over. TouchArcade tries to review games that don't get the spotlight they deserve, ie: Final Freeway. Rogue Runner (featuring me!) is only a matter of time... ;)

5. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Pwned!

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    and i think their argument is that DA is a quality game which is out there... why is what you think a quality game better than what they do?

And for Hodapp, I understand if you don't like the game, but if there is a strong group of people who does I don't get why you wouldn't review the game. Like let's say you didn't like Angry Birds, would you not review it?

what's funny is I don't like the game myself, so i guess i should shut my mouth. and now i know half of TA is gonna start flaming me =[

7. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    It used to be but it got pushed out by better games, I never said it was the best game ever. But I do support the game because I enjoy it. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a review. Let's say Cut the Rope didn't appeal to Hodapp, would he still review it?

8. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    okay now im done defending you cause you repeated my argument and made yourself look dumb.

=[

9. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Even more pwned. I bow to you.

10. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes, because games that go to the top bring traffic to the site. :cool:

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lmfao, that's because he can't think of anything.

To answer your question: I think Hodapp would still review it. Since it's very high up on the charts, people want to know if it's good. They need to know so they can decide whether to buy it or not since their interest is at a peek (since it's very high up in the charts). That's what people want, so that's what TA would give them. TA is trying to help people learn about games, not make developers look good. So if Hodapp didn't like it, he would post a negative review (rare among the reviews, honestly) and that would be helpful to people.

Now if Hodapp doesn't like Doodle Army, by not writing a review he is saving time and that time can be used for other games. Since DA never reached #1 or 2, not too many people want to hear about it, so writing a review wouldn't be very helpful to the masses.

12. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yah I knew that and in away was trying to agree w/ you

13. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    Donovan, I appreciate your efforts but I think its time to give up on a review. If they had wanted to review it they would have a long time ago. I never expected everyone to like it but I am very grateful for the many people that do. So lets focus on future updates/multiplayer.

14. Tictactouch

Tictactouch Member

Oct 14, 2010
    sleeping
    Nirvana
    its a really fun game at first... but gets old fast

still i think its worth the buy

15. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I pray this isn't Donovan in disguise. ;)

16. Tictactouch

Tictactouch Member

Oct 14, 2010
    sleeping
    Nirvana
    it is not.... i promise

also how do i add an avatar to my account?

17. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Bribe 'em.