Why Won't TouchArcade Review This Game?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Donovan1209, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    So, not 100% sure this is in the right section. But I've tried countless times to get a game called "Doodle Army" reviewed on TA, I've contacted people on TA and even told them the developer could supply them with promo codes. But I don't even get a reply! Doodle Army is honestly a great game and deserves more attention and has held a spot around the 50-100 top paid games in the AppStore! I mean, REALLY?!

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    It's their choice man. Not everyone has the same taste.

3. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Well they don't even give it a chance! Or reply back!

4. Scythé_101

Scythé_101 New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    There is a user review of it. Actually i think it's yours.

Anyways they may have a "budget" of games they can review. Also it would be their choice what to review. Can't review all the apps in the app store now can we?

:)

5. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yup it was my review.

But it really wouldn't be that hard to try the game out at least.

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Okay it is their choice, but I see where he's coming from. It Is definitely worthy of a review but I think TA only likes the polished apps..

7. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #7 Donovan1209, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
    And I think it's plenty polished. I also think that they are already making assumptions based on the word "doodle" in the name. Oh, and it also has 4 1/2 stars for the current version and 4 stars for all versions. And it keeps giving back to the community with more and more updates.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

There is no way they can review every game that comes out, so they probably pick games that interest them. I am guessing that having doodle in the title probably didn't help your chances.

9. Scythé_101

Scythé_101 New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Once it gets to a more full fledged game or goes higher in itunes store then it will probably get a review. Till then. The waiting game is played.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    If you knew the sheer amount of emails each of the admins and writers get to their personal accounts, then add to that the emails sent to the general "tips@toucharcade" account, then you'd know that responding to each of them just isn't possible.

I know for a fact it was given a chance when it came out in January but it's really up to the admins discretion on whether they review it, mention it, or revisit it at all

11. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    But the game has been out for AGES! It's been in the top 25 before. It's just getting a little lower lately.

12. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I can describe this game in one word: ANNOYING! In more than one word: Can't turn off auto weapon switch. Controls are clunky. Flying the chopper seems cool until you actually start to fly and you're all over the place. It's too fast. Death sounds are annoying as hell. Should I keep going...? I'll stop.

Game looks cool. I want to keep playing... Blah, blah, blah... deleted.

Tried Boot Camp version.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The game is alright for about a minute. It has some perks like lots of weapons and unlockable characters but in the end it's still kind of meh.

14. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    They're probably not going to review a game that's been out for a long time. Doodle Army gets plenty of visibility in the "iPhone and iPod Touch Games" forum. I like it. Although it is easy to criticize, bottom line for me is - it's fun.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    exactly.

Don't bother contacting any more writers/mods unless a massive update comes out for it including the likes of: gamecenter/retina display + new levels/weapons. There's no chance TA would dig into such an old game if it's an update not including both GC + RD unless they've already reviewed it in the past. But yeah, it's all opinion. Mine is that this game sucks terribly and is one of the worst sidescrollers I've ever played.

16. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Any more questions?

17. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Yeah, shutup?

18. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Mabe they wont review it becaus theyre too busy making a toucharcade app. (i live in hope...)

19. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Well, there are always big updates for it. Like I said before. I think you should replay it, look at the options menu and change it to your liking. Then try it again.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    There's a couple of polished apps that Toucharcade doesn't review, I've no idea why.