Why was I banned? Any piece of advice?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Newborn1, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newborn1

Newborn1 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Hi, everyone!

I have a question.

I will appreciate it a lot if you can give me some advice after reading this. (Sorry for my bad english)

A few days ago, I posted something on "iPhone and iPad Games" forum.

My posting was about a mobile game which is already released on the apple market.

I just wanted to introduce and recommend the game to everyone because I thought it was a great game but not many people know about it.

Sadly, however, somehow I ended up getting banned and my post has also got deleted.

and I am clueless about why this happened :(

I see tons of new postings about games on that same forum category getting posted every hour.

Looks like I am the only one who got rejected.

Can you tell me why I got banned so that I can avoid getting banned next time?

Cause I don't want to leave here, I like TouchArcade :)

Thank you and have a nice day!

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #2 Nullzone, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Hello and welcome to Toucharcade!
    That could have very well been me who deleted your first post as spam, so I'm sorry if we banned you by what seems to be an accident - or rather collateral damage of dealing with spam daily.
    While TA doesn't get completely flooded by spam like other forums, we do get a fair amount.
    I'm checking if there is a history on the spambans, and if we can find out why your post got deleted. Can you provide the username and/or name of the game, that'll make it easier to find it if there's a history?

Cannot speak for the other spam police and mods, but here's why I would delete a new game post (which happens very rarely):
    - Spammy thread title, e.g. "check out this cool game!"
    - Spammy post content that makes you look like a marketing bot, e.g. "I found this cool game totally by accident, and it's the best I ever played (yeah sure...)" . Note that these two are only an indicator and not a "will always delete when I see this" hard rule.
    - Your link to the game does not go directly to the Appstore, but to some link shortener or other suspicious-looking non-Appstore site. For me, that's always a huge red flag, and I will not try the link cause it could hide malware.
    - In short, anything that makes you look like a marketing shill/bot and not a real user. But this is mostly gut feeling and experience, not a hard-and-fast decision tree. And when I come across something like that, I usually ask a mod for a second opinion (e.g. if the post is coming from a known spam IP).
    - UPDATE: Forgot one: If suddenly a lot of new users pop up and post / start threads about how great a game is. But again, this is only an indicator, not a hard rule. When in doubt, I prefer to assume that those are real players who like the game and just found Toucharcade.

And no worries, your English is good ;)

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    It appears that three new threads were created for Heroes Will (by TritoneSoft) recently, despite there already being an existing thread for the game . The original thread is here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=283826

In the TouchArcade forums, each released game gets one thread in the iPhone / iPad forum. Therefore, one of the administrators banned your account for spam.

Also - Your English is good!

4. Newborn1

Newborn1 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Thank you for your detailed explanation!
    That satisfied my curiosity a lot.

Looks like you guys are doing a lot of work to keep the forum nice and tidy for everyone.

As Red1 guessed below, yes, I wrote the Heroes Will posts.
    I didn't know there should be only one thread for one game.
    I will be careful next time.

Thanks you and have a nice day!

5. Newborn1

Newborn1 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    First of all, thanks for replying me!
    Yes, I wrote the Heroes Will posts.
    At first, I posted it on both iOS game forum and Android forum. But after getting banned, I tried once more on the iOS game forum. (I wanted to test why that happened so I changed the contents of the post little bit at the second time to see if it's related to the way I wrote the post. I should have just posted a question like this and asked from the first time :rolleyes:. Then I wouldn't have been banned twice.)

I didn't know there should be only one thread for one game. Sorry for breaking the rule!
    I will be careful next time not to create spam posts.
    Thanks again and have a great day!

6. dkisala

dkisala New Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Male
    Hi, everyone!

I would like to use this thread to explain why my entry (dev blog) has also been banned. I did not receive any information about non-compliance with the rules, I tried to contact the administrator, but without success. I wanted to write a dev blog of my game, but for some reason it broke the rules.

Could I ask the administrator to contact me?

Best regards!