iPad Why or Why Not will you be getting NFS: Undercover when it arrives?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sainter, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    For me the Pros of getting it are- The graphics are considered a level above all seen before on iPhone
    It's a big label console game which I own many of

Cons- It is getting dragged out so much, slow release date is turning people away
    Bad reviews of the console versions could affect how many people are willing to risk it

Well I'm going to buy it, what about you?

2. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    buying it definitely!

3. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    I doubt I will grab it on impulse, or at all, but if it proves worthy of 13 bucks, then I might get it.
    PROS:
    Graphics (doubt they will be "the BEST" as claimed, as Fastlane looks pretty damn good.. but graphics don't make the game.),
    It's NFS.. nuf said.

CONS:
    AUTO ACCEL.! WHY?! I have RT and that too has auto accelerator with accelorometer controls, and that completely ruins the experience.
    Lack of story. One word comes to mind with a game without a story: ghey.

I think the cons are worse than the pros, so I doubt it will end up on my gamepage, unless I am utterly convinced it is AWESOME. Somehow, I believe it will fall hopelessly short of the hype.

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Thats a good point Paulio, alot of people will get this game on impulse just because of its name

5. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Yea i am also disappointed that the game will not have a storyline :(. But i will buy it if the gameplay is anywhere near to NFS most wanted

6. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    I won't be buying it immediately on release- my main problem with it is the auto accelerator, sounds like a stupid idea to me!

7. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    So, so true. Just think of the money there.. If only they didn't have copyright laws..

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Another day, another NFS thread.

Maybe NFS will officially be the game with most threads in this forum.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    It seems to me like NFS is going to be the most disappointing game of the year. Seriously, no story and no gas/brake pedals equals no good. Graphics-wise, it will not match Fastlane. If it's cheap enough I might actually get it but if it's over $10 then it's a complete no-no...

10. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    It won't be over 10 bucks USD. It'll be just under at 9.99. Here in Ausralia we'll pay 12.99. can almost guarantee the price for it. I completely agree tho, NFS is going to flop miserably unfortunately. How can you have a racing game without an accelerater and brake pedals?? FAIL!

11. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I'm really not sure about this one.

12. How do we know for certain it doesn't use tilt to accelerate and brake? We only have ONE blogs word for it, and he probably wasn't told when he tested the game.
    The last I heard before that blog, was that it DOES use tilt for the gas and brake. That might not be ideal, but it's something.
    As for me getting the game, I am definitely buying Ferrari at Xmas already, so I will wait for NFS reviews before getting. I am not going to be persuaded with fancy graphics or the name. For all we know, Ferrari has already proven itself very popular and may just be better than the big name racer.

13. signed sealed saint

signed sealed saint Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Auto-accerator is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. Why not just take out the steering wheel out as well?

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ferrari publisher, anybody know?

15. Did you read my post- the one above yours?

16. panoptic

panoptic Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Auto accelerate means no-buy for me as well. Wastedyuthe, I've seen a few writeups on the game and they all seem to indicate auto-accelerate.

Other games have now set the standard, there is no longer any need for auto-accelerate on iphone.

17. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    I totally agree that other games are now setting the standard for racing games on iPhone. Gameloft has done an outstanding job with FerrariGT and the gameplay is great and the different way you can control the cars is truly the future of racing games on iPhone. NFS has been left in the dust with what gameloft has been able to do with their games.

18. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    There never was any need for it. Why it even exists is beyond me. It's a stupid idea. I hope wastedyuthe is right, and surly there has been too many NFS games for them to make this mistake? Tilt to accelerate could work I guess, just not ideal. Touch screen pedals FTW!

19. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    What do you mean?..
    Gameloft?

20. dlogik

dlogik Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Racing games suck...or I suck at racing games.

Either way, the fact that this game has had more speculation than the iPhone itself makes me want to pass on it just out of spite.