Why isn't there any video recorder app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by along123, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    both 2,1 and 2.2 are stable

2. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008

you mean for exampke the SSH server? You can easily kill it as you simply don't neeed it - just use for example T-Pot on the desktop to easily access the file system via USB.

If you do this, there won't be a single additional process running - unless you run Winterboard (which isn't included in jailbroken firmwares.) Also, if you install a task manager (I use a plain command prompt terminal for this - see my related explanation at http://www.smartphonemag.com/iphone/node/179 ), you can make double-sure there aren;t additional tasks running.

3. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    with all due respect to the original poster: please do read my previous post as some of the point the poster's brought up are simply invalid.

In a nutshell: you can safely JB your phone, it won't make it sluggish. Just make sure you don't install the SSH daemon, SBSettings or Winterboard from Cydia as, again, you won't absolutely need them.

4. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    IMO the biggest downside to JB is when you want to upgade your firmware and you have to download/reinstall all your 'extra JB apps'.

i don't JB anymore because i only did it for winterboard and cycorder and winterboard slows down you phone IMO.

If you must have video then JB and only install cycorder as it is a stable app.
    but if you upgade firmware you need to back up you videos i think there is an app that does this. maybe some can confirm for you.

5. oceanbeachsteve

Dec 5, 2008
    Film Writer, Actor, Producer
    Colorado
    Well After Reading this months MacWorld..

...I would say that Apple is stepping back and watching the market trends (as they are with the Netbook market, just in case that market gets hot so they can get in on it... uhmmm...). So, it seems like the basic Apple trend is to watch the current HOT market, step back, watch every other company cash in on the market, let that market become the norm as the hotness dies out, then finally create a product that fits that market.... I'm shocked the iPhone even has a camera... lol. But the plus side with Apple is when they finally create whatever it is they are analyzing, they do it with flair and pizzazz, so when they release a video recording feature on the iPhone, it will probably brew you a cup of coffee at the same time!

6. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    use AptBackup

see http://www.smartphonemag.com/iphone/node/179

7. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    just copy them via, say, t-pot

8. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Brew me a cup of coffee at the same time?

Yeah, that would be the day. ha ha! :rolleyes: