Why is Zen Bound so good?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jusheteeensheem, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mhans13

Mhans13 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I think the only reason that you see people getting annoyed with this title in particular is cuz of the imense amount of hype. that zen bound thread was ridiculous. you made it seem like Jesus comin back to save the world. personally I don't see what's so great about the game. I mean my idea of relaxing is certainly not on spent with my iPod. but just cuz I don't like the game doesn't mean I'm going to post a thread about. but I think that you guys brought the zen bound hating on yourselves by extremely overhypeing. I mean if you want to talk about a game go ahead but do we all need to know that you're still waiting every five minutes. If you're still waiting for the game keep it to yourself so the rest of us don't have to sort through a ridiculous amount of pages to find something out about the actual game. idc if you're waking up at 5 to check the appstore, but I would like to know more about the game itself. pls guys no more threads dedicated to hyping a game, cuz that's all that was and the reason people are annoyed now.

2. raoupp

raoupp Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    When I'm reading these bashing posts I've got a feeling that I'm the only person on these forums who really loves Rolando.

3. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
  4. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

o/

makes at least two of us. rolando was a bit hyped, yes, but i think it's one of the five best games i've played on the system. it's an easy bash since it's so ubiquitous but it'd be foolish to downplay the quality of it's presentation or the game design.

besides, reading the forum posts in here, i get the impression that for many games, most of the hype is by gamers and it's kind of hard to blame the game, publisher or developers for that :D
    isn't it a bit like saying "everyone was all excited about you and you weren't the greatest thing ever, I HATE you!"?

5. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    The only people who can't see why it's a good game are zombie FPS Xbox 360 nerds.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Dude it's been over a year, let it go. I don't think these people even visit the site anymore :rolleyes:

7. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Nope you're one of at least two :).

Rolando 1 is still my favourite iPhone game. I've just recently got back into playing it, and added 66 to my overall score. Thankfully I have most of those above me friended so I can cut through the 3000+ cheat entries in plus+, but they are the biggest put off to the game now. I've also decided that 32,768 is actually a really good score to stop at :). It's almost a shame that having a very high score makes the game less fun to play, especially as plus+ saves progress between installs, which is a wonderful feature but actually unlocking content is a big motivator in most iPhone games.

I never worked out Zen Bound's appeal though. One level of the free version was enough to make me send it to the 'gone and forgotten' pile, whereas Rolando has never left my iPhone. I've never been that highly motivated by great graphics alone, and it certainly wasn't enough when wrapping virtual rope around virtual wood was all there was otherwise.

Edit: Oh didn't see the date jump back there. Still probably interesting with ZB2 on the cards now.

8. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    #28 Twiddle, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    I never really liked Zen Bound that much. My relaxing game is Flaboo. :D

I disagree. I haven't touched my Xbox since I bought it, and for the most part, I don't like FPS's that much. Dun b trollin' dis forumz.

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Please, don't bumo threads

10. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Did you mean bump? I wasn't bumping this thread, my comment was very relevant.

11. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I heard someone died for bumbing threads

12. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    #32 da shiz wiz 19, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    Please, don't defend a clear bumo. Just accept this warning and move on.

I'm not sure what bumbing is, but it does sound dangerous and non-ipod related. Let's just keep it on topic and keep bumoing to a minimum.

Thank you.

13. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    yeah, i understand

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    it was me

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    So is TA heaven or hell?

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    well the bat outta hell's here too
    hmm..

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Well if he's out of hell, that means this can't be hell. Since then he would be the Bat in Hell or the Bat Back to Hell. So TA is heaven.

18. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    funny how you guys just bumped this thread constantly

19. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Well, I found out what bumo meant.
    "Alleged genetic mix between mole and fitchet. It is generally connected with north dutchfolk feasts and exuberant alcohol consumption. Bumo's are very shy and are seldom observed."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bumo

20. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yes, Zen Bound is relaxing