Why is TouchArcade Podcast explicit

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by swishinj, Oct 31, 2009.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    It should be out later today.

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Amatuer.

3. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    There is a lot of children on this site, don't you think that for you to basically insult them for requesting the podcast to be clean makes you look like the immature one?

Holding back from saying a few swear words in a podcast isn't going to "ruin it," nor would I call it "censorship." I don't think it's unreasonable for the original poster, or anyone else, to ask a website's podcast to follow the same rules as its website does.

4. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    OK update. I listened to the podcast and I don't have a clue why its explicit. There isn't ANY explicit material what so ever in the podcast. I think that needs to be changed to no expicit material.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    They already explained this... they labeled it as explicit just so they don't have to worry about a few naughty words slipping out. It's a lot easier to mark them all as explicit rather than listen through the whole thing to check their language was 100% appropriate and then edit it, so even if there isn't actually any swearing, it saves them the bother of making sure each and every time.

6. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I dont get the whole explict thing either. I have bought songs that had f-bombs in it more than once with no explict label. Then I have heard stuff that was completly clean and labeled explict. It doesnt make any sense at all.

7. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    because explicit is a cool word :) besides who cares..if ur unable to dl it just because of that then..idk..personally i find it pretty funny :D

8. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I found a Thriller by Michael Jackson ringtone and it was marked explict!!!:eek:

9. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    LOL, thats funny

10. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    You're ridiculous for a few reasons.

First, telling somebody to "wait till your 13" is incredibly dismissive and, bluntly, dickish. Also, this is not art, and I can't imagine the guys actually doing the podcast would be silly enough to call it that. It's guys talking about cell phone games for an audience that probably includes a lot of people under 13. This wouldn't be ruined by having a few instances of explicit language (which, honestly, I'm not sure is something that has even happened yet) censored or bleeped.

Go ahead and stop being a dolt.

11. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I completely agree that what the guy said was wrong and censoring it might be a good idea for little kids, but just saying. I don't really know anybody with an iTouch/iPhone that hasn't heard the F word at least 500 times in their life. And in my opinion mentioning it whether u say the whole word or not like I did before is just as bad as saying it in public. I mean everybody that has an iTouch at least knows what the word is, right?

Anyway, that's just my opinion and a bunch of parents probably disagree. Making sure the podcast isn't explicit might be better for the website. U said it was edited anyway, right?