Why is toucharcade not iPhone 6 optimized yet?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by IUbball22, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IUbball22

IUbball22 Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Has this been asked

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Probably in the correct section, like the site feedback area..

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

tl;dr: updates are real expensive, the TA app violates some of Apple's new App Store guidelines involving not having apps that recommend other apps, we've had minor updates rejected, iPhone 6 support would be a pretty big rework and likely would get rejected as well.

TA app will likely exist in the state its in until an iOS update totally breaks it, at which case, we'll see.

4. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Maybe this is more obvious on a 6+, but on my iPhone 6, the test and pictures all look super-crisp. I don't know what would change or if I'd even notice if it became iPhone 6 optimised.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The iPhone 6 itself looks super-crisp compared to the previous generations for whatever reason.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I forgot to mention, I was given TA as a suggestion when I was selecting options intern NEWS app in iOS 9. It seems that don't care if you do what you do, as longs as its not on their App Store.

7. powlicious

powlicious Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I would really love an update.

On 6+ it looks and feels very bad. Everything is BIG and somehow blurry (zoomed), spoilers aren't readable, you can't "swipe", and pictures are only closable through a button too.

The experience was good a few years ago but now it feels totally sub-par. And on a big phone it's totally crap.

If I would be new to this page, I won't use the app anymore...

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

vvvvv