iPad Why hasn't starsmasher been updated?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by johnbowers, Dec 12, 2008.

1. johnbowers

johnbowers Active Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Student/Undergraduate Researcher
    Florida
    I have a rare bit of decent internet so I wanted to update everyone on my development status.

I haven't been able to work on StarSmasher recently for two reasons: first, I'm applying to about 20 graduate schools and the application process is hellish; second, I'm in the middle of rural sub-saharan Africa until April and uploading a 5MB file to anywhere, let alone itunesconnect which is possibly the slowest website on the planet, seems impossible. (BTW You may have heard about the fighting in Goma, the UN buildings being attacked, and the Rwanda-DRC conflict? that is maybe 40 miles South of my current position ;-D)

I haven't forgotten about StarSmasher, however. As soon as I finish grad-school apps this month I will be working on some more of the requested features: notably a pause button and a save game feature. I also want to add customizable ships, as time permits.

Also, I want to give a special thanks to everyone here who has supported me and encouraged me in this endeavor. StarSmasher was fun to write and I learned a heck of a lot (when I started the project I don't believe I'd written OpenGL code before). I am thinking of ideas for a new--potentially less ambitious--game that will be in the 99c pricing area, so stay tuned.

Also, as a holiday sale, I've dropped SS to 99c at least until the new year.