Why does Apple always give vague release dates?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by tsharpfilm, Sep 7, 2010.

1. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    No employee will be able to tell you.

This is how it works with Apple products. The retail store general manager makes an order with Apple for a certain amount of products. The order size is all based on metrics, area population and how many that particular store expects to initially sell. Once the order is placed it is up to Apple to get that specific amount shipped out to that location. Basically it becomes a guessing game at that point. It arrives when it arrives. The stores don't receive tracking information from Apple. Sad but true.

2. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Ill be up all night ready to call wallmart right at opening then! Not having a bestbuy or apple store within reasonable walking distance sucks.

3. SonofACar

SonofACar New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    #23 SonofACar, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    I can't decided whether to go to Apple or Best Buy. I can go straight to the Apple store right after school since it's only a 10 minute walk from school. Or I could go to Best Buy which is around a 15 minute drive from school, but I could get Reward Zone Points and use my $25 gift card there. Then again, I don't know for sure if Best Buy is going to have it tomorrow like Apple is. . . any suggestions?

4. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Put Best Buy's phone number in your cell, call them tomorrow. If they have it, great! Buy it there, if not, apple store will have it for you.

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I asked my local Apple store in Australia and they said 'we're getting our shipment tomorrow, we just don't know how many'

Tomorrow being Friday.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It's ok friend, the squeakiness will go eventually. Then you'll sound like yours truly, a brute.