Why do people like peggle?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Psytic, May 23, 2009.

1. Psytic

Psytic Member

May 23, 2009
    Why is Peggle on a whole bunch of peoples most played lists. I tried it, it just feels like theres barely any strategy and the thing just kind of bounces around at random. I dont feel its much of a puzzle game. Why do people think its fun ???

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    People have their likes and dislikes. I hated HoS, but a bunch of people were talking about what a breakthrough it was at the time and how it was like mini-God of War. Same with Rolando. Toki Tori... nah, I'll probably get into that, I like puzzles, and haven't really played it that much... well, getting back on track, I guess it just not your type of game. Play a little more, though. Maybe you just need to break into the game. I got Durak the other day, starting to learn all the components of the gameplay, it's getting more fun. Just give it another chance, if it's not for you, it's not for you.

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    http://www.doingitwrong.com/
    Try to recreate this 18 Million Shot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pei3XK8cc

The idea is to figure out how the thing will bounce ahead of time.. it is not random.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    At first I was skeptical, I thought it would be childish. I must say I love Peggle and to answer your question:

For the same reason that people go crazy over Plinko on The Price is Right; unexplained phenomena!

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I don't know why Peggle is so awesome. I've never played it before, and when it got raving reviews, I bought it for the iPod. I'm hooked. It's scary.

6. Psytic

Psytic Member

May 23, 2009
    its just weird I love "bloons" and I thought this would be just as fun but I guess I missed the fun train on this one.

7. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    As I wrote in my review of it, it is absolutely the most unique game on the iPhone today.

You can only truly appreciate it, when you have tried hundreds of apps, when you have sampled the dreary sameness of every poop, fart, snot, and vamp app there is out there.

It's not just that it stands alone in its unrivalled sense of fun. It's that it also makes other apps look common.

8. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    i never got the hype. i downloaded the demo for the PC and i have to say it was OK but nothing special.maybe one day i'll understand why it's so great.

9. ferret

ferret Member

May 19, 2009
    AP/PM
    Vancouver!
    I love Peggle not only for the gameplay but for the reward at the end of every level. I seriously LOVE the rainbows, fireworks and epic Ode to Joy! (note: I just downloaded it today on my iPhone so I'm not sure its the same music).

That PEGGASM thrills me and as I developer I took that lesson to heart.

10. Psytic

Psytic Member

May 23, 2009
    Yes rainbows and unicorns make every game more exciting... Actually it worked in heroes of might and magic. But it doesn't have the same thrill here for me

11. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    A better question is why do some weirdos NOT like Peggle? That game is fantastic, simplistic yet there is tons of strategy, it's polished, and it has dragons and unicorns. Shame on you haters, Peggle is a top notch game.

PS - PLINKO RULES!