Why Being an iOS Gamer is Both Awesome and Horrible

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by csklimowski, Oct 10, 2010.

?

The iOS makes a(n) ____ gaming system.

1. Awesome

46 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. Pretty Good

27 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. Mediocre

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. Horrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I think touch controls are actually better than solid controls, just because, there is unlimited variety of different touch controls that you can use, from joysticks to buttons to different swipe patterns, also the buttons don't stick or anything (generally, where as solid controls can get stuff on them and make them hard to use). the few downsides is i guess feedback for some people, because you really don't have anything to judge if it's picking up your presses/swipes other than something that happens in the game, the only other downside that I can think of is touch controls block the view a little. Then again I suppose it just takes time to get used to it, and as my iphone is my main gaming device, I've just learned to really like the controls and portability of it, even when sitting at home, 70% of the time I'll play on my iPhone rather than my pc or xbox360.

2. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    It takes some getting used to but I'm growing to love the touch controls ftmp. Obviously, they've allowed for the creation of some games that really wouldn't work any other way (Fruit Ninja, Flight Control) but even for more traditional games, they don't work badly at all with a bit of practice. In fact, they require such a light touch that I could see them reducing some of the repetative stress problems people sometimes have. I know my right thumb joint starts to give me grief if I play too much PS3...

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    No kidding... My left thumb used to blister just because of the stupid N64 joystick. That controller was almost painful to use at times. I've actually had to stop playing just because the joystick was killing my thumb.

4. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

I have a ps2, and some hard to get classics on it like Super-bust-a-move and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Like I stated earlier, if you make a statement claiming that there are hundreds, please provide the names of them. It bothers me when people over-exaggerate, and don't provide proof of what they are saying. Besides, I believe I have much higher standards than you to agree that hundreds of games are actually engaging and worth the asking price at that time. All systems have their "gem" franchises, and the other 90% are "B-flicks"

5. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    The app store is a success because apps are so cheap and easy t download. Because of this everyday people buy apps for their device, but I can never see the app store become the dominant game platform when actual consoles are the large powerhouses of the videogame industry.

As a result, most people have their idevice for on the gonactivties like a handheld system, but the idevice is more convenient.

6. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    Add rockstar to that

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Agree with initial poster. It's exciting times in my opinion. Just enough quality to not make me bankrupt.