iPad Why all the hate on MotoChaser?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dannys95, Mar 3, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Why all the hate? I know it's not perfect but it's not SO bad....... really. Freeverse could just fix these bugs; tweak a few things and it'll be good. Why do you guys hate it so much?

2. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    hate it i love it, one of my favorite games. they did a great job on it i dont under stand why everyone hates it either....

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I finally beat the game last night.

I've had it since I got my iTouch back in August.

Why did it take me so long?

Because the game is one hot mess.

Seriously.

The framerate is nice. The graphics are too. The controls are nearly spot on for the most part. The option of choosing 3 different racers is nice.

But goddamn it does that camera completely and utterly suck monkey balls. It is nigh unplayable when all I see is my characters ass instead of the goddamn road ahead of me when going over a hill. No camera view options. Nope. I have to grit my teeth and hope that I don't fall off the edge that I can't see.

Beat it and deleted it. Won't put it back.

Freeverses other games are much, much better, IMHO.

4. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I don't hate it.. in fact it looks impressive, the sense of speed is good, and punching other drivers is a nice touch. However, encounters are very sparse and you only need to hit the button once to send them careening off the road, and from then on it's really just you versus the clock. That gets a little boring after a while.

I think it could have been a lot more, but at least I only paid 59p for it so there's no big loss there.

Edit: completely agree about the sloppy camera work.

5. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    So much hate.
    Its just a game.

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I say it's the controls are a bit too sensitive and that one punch is too little. Maybe diferent amounts. Really; FreeVerse just fix these things.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I always liked Motochaser...it was one of the first games I bought. Of course, I also bought Crash Nitro so there's no accounting for taste :p

8. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I liked motochaser on the commercial, but I deleted it after about a tenth of a second. I think hate may be too strong a word.....well, maybe not ;)

9. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I have to agree, I bought this a few months back after reading a description that essentially said it was a combination of Road Rash and Ridge Racer ... glad I didn't pay more than $.99 for it. The camera needs to be brought up so that you can actually see the road, too many times I'll run into a car, fall off a cliff, or ride into the grass (taking away PRECIOUS seconds) because I predicted the road wrong.

I think the hate comes from this being one of the games Apple touted as making the 2G Touch the "funnest iPod ever" instead of the "most frustrating iPod ever." I understand why they did it (not many games to choose from), but damn I think that commercial sold many people on it.

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Because it sucks? Because its an atrocity committed against mankind? Because it cost 10 frickin bucks when it came out and now it costs 99 cents?

Take your choice!

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I love it, it's one of iPhone classics. Sure, we have many better games now, but I still like it. It reminds me of the days I just got my iPhone :)

12. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    It's boring, repetitive, and way too easy. Nothing special at all about it.

13. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    And the controls aren't very good, nor is the camera.

14. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    it is very boring, only played it once then i deleted it

15. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    i really dont get the scoring system at all, which provides poor replay value.

16. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I could have sworn that you said that you were leaving. ;)

I actually used to like Moto Chaser, but now that I have seen better games, I can't go back to it. I already beat it though. You hit something, and it seems as if you never hit anything.

17. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!! it was 9.99 before??? WOW did not know that...

18. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    it was never 10$
    The highest its been was $5.99 when it was first released

19. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
  20. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    to me, it was a slight waste of money
    all u do is press the gas petal and move around the road, a task already difficult to master
    also, its just u vs the clock..all the cars and other bikers are just normal vehicles...

the only thing i do like is the option to punch the bikers if u cross any :)