Who's upgrading ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jgeirge, Sep 20, 2015.

1. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Post current model & why or why not you're upgrading to the new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus. I'm still on the fence and need some insight from anyone

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    iPhone 6 and I'm definitely not upgrading. I always skip a generation and if the 6 isn't crap by the time the 7S comes out, I may just wait till then and skip the 7.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm gonna be on this 5C until it becomes the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4s is still being supported by most apps. Might as well.

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm using a 5C right now and like Anonomation said, this and the 4S are still supported by a decent amount of apps, so I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I do however really need to upgrade my iPad :(

5. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    I'm sticking to my iPhone 5c

My iPad air 2 is my main iOS gaming device

6. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    If 2016 doesn't kill my wallet with all the upcoming games, I'll be upgrading from my rusty iPad mini 1st Gen to a shiny new iPad mini 4 Gen

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I have an iPad 3, I won't buy Apple for phones. I'm almost stuck in the situation where I need to due to Apple suggesting everything should support Metal even if it doesn't need to, means I can't run most things, even silly little companion apps.

I will see how the iPad Pro goes as far as its drawing capabilities, if it's as promising as it looks I'll upgrade, if not I probably won't buy another Apple mobile product as they tend to be forceable outdated by Apple software a bit too regularly.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Sticking with iPad 2 because I'm not that interested in tablets any more. It's mostly used by my kids now. I won't be upgrading my iPhone 6 either as my lease isn't up and in any case I'm going to buy it when that's over and hold onto it for at least one more generation. I went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6, so hopefully I can keep this 6 until the iphone 8 is out.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Well I've got iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 so it's way too soon to upgrade for me. I'll probably skip next year's model too. That said, the final year with my 4s was pretty hellish. The 512mb ram meant multi-tasking was pretty much non-existent on iOS 7.

10. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Wow, well, I'm upgrading ... You guys, congratulations for being intelligent enough to not buy into the new model

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That's what I'm hoping to do too. I love my mini and to be honest, it still work brilliantly, I'm quite attached to it actually.

My father in law just got a 5s as a freebie for some insurance thing, so he has given his iPhone 4 to my (10 year old) daughter. She's over the moon with it and I've been suprised that everything she's installed works fine. I was expecting it to be clunky and slow. Dunno if the fact that father in law hardly installed anything other than Facebook and whatsapp on it helps.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Which iOS is on it? My old man's using my iPhone 4 with 7.1.2 (I think) on it and it's like...rage-inducing, even though there's hardly anything on the phone.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's on 7.1.2

I dunno if it's because father in law has hardly ever used it (he has only just learnt to send a text) or if we've just got lucky, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting, i mean it's not fast but it's not slow either. Husband has my old Nokia N8 and that's slooooow. He won't upgrade until I get a new phone (won't be for a long time yet) and he'll have my galaxy or the Nokia literally dies, but it makes calls which is all he wants his phone to do so he's happy. He wouldn't spend more that £30 on a phone. He's still fascinated by phones having a camera :)