iPad Who's never spent money on an app?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue ox, Feb 11, 2009.

?

Who's never spent money on an app?

1. Certified Cheapskate: "I never spent 'nuffin on no crummy aps!"

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Just a Little Frugal: "I only boughts 'couple, maybee 2 or 3...and they wuz really good ones!

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. App Store Sponsor: "Sure, I buys apps! I loves 'em!"

75 vote(s)
    86.2%
  1. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    #1 blue ox, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    OK 'fess up. Who 'round here's never paid money for an app?

I betcha some of youse are hiding out there...come on 'fess up!

EDIT: hey, i'm NOT asking who's pirating software. i'm more interested in who seems to get enough satisfaction from lite versions that they need go no further

:rolleyes: :) :D

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Make this thread to a Poll.
    To answer you Question: I have spent money on apps. :)/:(

3. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    its impossible not to spend money on the app store :/
    My bank account doesnt like me after I got an iphone

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    My mom bought an iPod Touch and she hasn't spent a penny on apps. :p My dad and I have spent a LOT on apps. I think she's crazy because she doesn't use her iPod the way I think it was meant to be used! She rarely uses her iPod... usually she uses it to check her email. :p

She should give me her iPod so I can have two :)

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #5 Coldar, Feb 11, 2009
    My mom bought an iPod Touch and she hasn't spent a penny on apps. :p My dad and I have spent a LOT on apps. I think she's crazy because she doesn't use her iPod the way I think it was meant to be used! She rarely uses her iPod... usually she uses it to check her email. :p

Thats just pure sacrilege.......like eating an ice cone w/o ice cream or having toast w/o butter or having a drivers license w/o a car or bourbon and coke w/o the coke (uhh, maybe thats not so bad) or having a Touch/iPhone w/o TA as your homescreen.........

6. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    #6 Underoath777, Feb 11, 2009
    I have only spent like 10 dollars. Only my favorite games and one app (iBreviary) :p

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Won't waste my time, but if you don't want people to come after you, uh, maybe don't say anything? Why even open yourself up to that?

If you ask me, this thread is kind of just asking in a round about way if you pirate or not. I mean, who hasn't bought an app but spends time on TA?
    What you're really asking is who's playing games but hasn't payed for them.

8. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    no mr. charley

actually i was thinking more about people playing only Lite versions. the thought about pirating never crossed my mind ... until now :cool:

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ahh, you're right. It's probably underoath's fault for setting me off ;)

Though I'll tell you something, if people can only hold themselves to lite versions, they deserve a medal in self-restraint.

10. Deadlock

Deadlock Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    In all reality how can you actually spend time at TA and not buy games. Way to hard for me to do, this site makes me buy more games then I ever should,

11. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lol

I like how being catholic and stealing were given similar emphasis in the aforementioned post.

12. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    #12 Zandog, Feb 11, 2009
    I'm going to go out on limb here at risk of being flamed and say that this thread is a waste. First, no one in their right mind is going to admit that they steal apps. So why have a poll. Second, no one knows if the poll is logging our user accounts, therefor singling peope out as apps leechers, so the poll is inaccurate at the least. Lastly, there are folks the developers know are stealing their apps. I won't get into it, but the numbers don't lie. Atleast 65% of the iPlatform gaming market is not legitimate. If you wonder why a developer hasn't posed this question because this would be the obvious response, an inaccurate poll. Apologies to those who do buy our games and answered honestly.

Arn, close the thread. Does nothing to help the TA community or us, the developers.

13. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    this response seems WAY too paranoid to me, and frankly is crazy talk. lighten up!

14. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    #14 Zandog, Feb 11, 2009
    Explain what you mean by paranoid and crazy. My statement makes a good point. The least you can do is retort with a reason why. The only thing that's lightened up is our budget to give our fans a better product. I'm sorry if you chose to start a thread that you knew would create controversy and now your getting flak for it. Or your just not making money or taking a loss on your published app.

15. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    better yet ---why dont you just ask who has jailbroken their ipods.....

or even better yet ---who is in junior high or high school.

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Jeese guys, he's just asking who sticks to free / lite apps and doesn't buy any?

A friend of mine does this, he refuses to pay for apps, gets all the deals and probably plays his games MORE than I do even though I've bought well over 50 games now (and yet have no time to play most of em)

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Going onto TA and not buying apps is like shoving your face in a cake and not eating it :rolleyes:

18. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    #18 Zandog, Feb 11, 2009
    A smarter question but similar results. I'm aware of the folks who jailbreak thier devices for the great features not offered by Apple's firmware, like cut&paste, etc. and they still buy their apps. But paying attention to the market, listening to it's developers and talking to folks who openly admit they steal apps, even from one another, it's not a jailbreak problem as much as it is a coding one.
    He edited his post. As you can tell from the first few responses, it was an intent to ask people to reveal their app obtaining habits. If it wasn't, it was a poor choice of wording and anyone reading it took it as such.
    More like joining a car club with someone elses car. You just like to shmooze like you're legit.

19. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    The thought about people stealing apps never crossed my mind when I started this thread. I was thinking about using Lite versions.

yup, and the cops are coming to get you now!

i am a developer. i am not getting rich. but that is NOT because everybody is stealing apps. if any developer honestly thinks piracy is why they are not making money on the app store, they are just plain wrong. do some reading on boom/bust business cycles, and the prisoner's dilemma. that will be much more helpful than thinking "everyone is stealing from me" and "they are logging our user accounts", which are kinda paranoid thoughts don't you think?

FWIW, no I do not pirate apps. however few LITE versions have enticed me to buy the full versions. i'm interested in finidng out if others feel the same way

Share and enjoy,

20. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i wish i could say i havent but unfortunatly i have.....and most of them were amazing so i dont regret it =)