iPad Who would like to see Archer Maclean's Mercury arrive on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by razorianfly, Dec 20, 2008.

1. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

#1 razorianfly, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    With the recent release of Hydro Tilt [App Store], my immediate association was with Archer Maclean's Mercury for PSP.
    I bought Hydro Tilt [App Store], and although it is good, for me, it doesn't have the visual 'polish' that Mercury boasts.

I'm a secret lover of Archer Maclean's Mercury, and would really like to see Ignition Entertainment bring the title to iPhone,
    as I think it would suit the accelerometer control system really well.

Would anyone else like to see the official Archer Maclean's Mercury arrive on iPhone and iPod touch?
    I personally think it'd be a sellout.

Promo Video - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hFm5iwOGJlg

R-Fly

Attached Files:

2. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I second every word of your post, OP. I LOVED Mercury to death, and I bought HydroTilt solely because it reminded me of it. It's a nice game, but the presentation is a little too simple... Still worth the money, though.

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i dont even know what that game is, but if it has mercury in it, I third that

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed.
    Mercury? Im in ;)

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The game looks great. I think they both look slightly similar to Marble Blast Gold. I want that game on the iPhone sooooooooo bad!!

6. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    YES!! everyone email the dev right now!!

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That looks cool, much nicer style and graphics than Hydro Tilt, lets hope they port it to the iPhone/iPod Touch! With some well done accelerometer control, it could be great.

8. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I hated Mercury and thought it was the worst game I ever bought for the PSP. What a POS that game was - and the controls were terrible. WORST. PSP. GAME. EVER.

9. razorianfly

That's my e-mail sent off.

If you'd like to see the title on the iPhone and iPod touch sometime in the future yourself,
    Ignition Entertainment are reachable at:

enquiries@ignitionent.com

R-Fly

10. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    If you really think Mercury was the WORST PSP GAME EVER, you must not have played many PSP games.

11. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    You're right, only about 30. A lot less then the 250+ iPhone Apps I have. But of the 30 PSP games, Mercury was the worst.

12. McDanielAwesome

Dec 7, 2008
    Wow hopefully that email you sent works, it was preety well written and it would certainly convince me to develop for iPhone.
    I for one would love mercury on iPhone

13. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Well, like I said back in April...I do.

blakespot

14. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I've never played the game but the video's I've seen have made me droool... I seventh, or eighth, or whatever number I am, the motion. Probably send an e-mail too. Too busy playing Warfare Inc right now :D

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It'll be a perfect game for iPhone... I hope they reply the email.

16. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Mercury (the first one - I've not played the second) is one of the best games I've ever played on any platform. I'm amazed you could dislike it so. And it was such an early release. Massive PSP win in my book.

blakespot

17. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Here's a game that definately received rave reviews which I don't think are justified. It is an intriguing concept - trying to get a glob of mercury to a designated goal - but gameplay is not great. On some levels you will encounter a puzzle board that will take about 30 seconds to complete. The next board would take 15 minutes of frustration and then the board after that is easy again.

Once you have completed a few boards, you'll start to ask yourself do I really want to play another one. The reason for this is that when it comes right down to it, this game is not a whole lot of fun.

This is not one of the puzzle games that makes you want to rush right out and try the next board. Rather, this is the type of game that will have you wondering how much credit you can get toward another game when you return it.

18. razorianfly

Agreed. I didn't like what they did with Mercury Meltdown personally. They seemed to completely scrap the great 'realistic' graphics, and go 'budget' throughout. Comic-styled visuals - it just didn't work.

The original though is one of the best tilt-based games I've played.

R-Fly

19. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i would definatly buy:D

20. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Definitely would buy for $10-15.