iPad Who wants to see a Super Mario 64 like port for the iphone!?!? there might be a way!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterM11, Sep 8, 2008.

1. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I myself really want to see a port from nintendo of a Super Mario 64 (and maybe a super mario kart also) for the iphone!
    I sent them an email about it and they respnded saying that they were more focused with wii and ds

so heres my idea!

everyone go send them an email about this!!! if they get enough emails theyll realize they should make one and jump on it!!!

it might work it might not! but i think its worth the 5 mins to add in your email request to them!!!

so go for it!!!

hope to see a port sometime!!!

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    From what I've heard, Nintendo has no plans on porting any of their games to the iPhone

3. (klondike)

(klondike) Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Where do I contact them like wat is there email address cuz I'll email them I think that would be awesome!

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #4 VeganTnT, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
    I hate to break it to you but Nintendo has no intention of EVER putting their IP on a platform that is not made by Nintendo.

Mario, Metroid, and Zelda are their money makers. They will sell millions of any crap console they put out (regardless of price) on a PROMISE that a new version of those games will be coming out.

Not to mention super mario 64 was built to showcase the n64's analog stick. Now imagine trying to porting that game to a system with no buttons... it would be a nightmare. It would be better to just build a new game based on it using accelerometer controls.

OR

you can jailbreak your phone and play nes, snes, gba, and psx games and just deal with the controls being tough

5. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    that's the point of emailing them, to try to convince them otherwise....

6. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    hey, I went to there site and went to the contact page

7. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I don't think it's going to work. I'd recommend taking VeganTnT's comments to heart.

8. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Nintendo only brings games to Nintendo hardware. Sorry to say it's not gonna happen...

blakespot

9. mek

mek Well-Known Member

sega, however...is completly on this...but i'm pretty sure everyone knows this

there should be a TouchPort website that its sole purpose is to gather people together, and cluster petitions to port

10. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    hopefully we'll see more (and better) from sega. :rolleyes:
    we could maybe see some old PC games.
    somebody like 3D Realms/Apogee would be a better shot.
    I loved me some Blake Stone as a lad...

11. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Sega

ahhh yes sega... how id love to see thy port sonic....
    i think a sonic port would be awesome! i loved the sonic games and they have gotten even better over the years!

who here thinks the same?

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Aside from the fact that this would never happen as has been noted, it is also a completely ridiculous idea. Heck, adapting asteroids to the iPhone doesn't work well (see the wretched Dreiget... or not) - adapting the complex controls of Super Mario 64 to the iPhone would be completely ludicrous. What we need are new games that are designed for the iPhone's controls, not old games adapted to them.

13. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I completely agree with you crunc. While there's something to be said for the 'retro-gaming' style, I too would very much like to see new games specifically designed for the iPhone/Touch, rather than ported games or simply rehashing something from 10-20 years ago. It's been done, and let's take advantage of a new platform with some new ideas.

14. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    #14 dudehuge, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
    It will happen with some of the other games besides Nintendo's. The Appstore is barely 2 mos old guys I think you have to put that in perspective. This concept is new (Don't count Steam as that platform is not as democratic as the AppStore) that the big companies are treading lightly and testing the battlefield.

Also the higher end price right now that is somewhat successful is 9.99. If another company managed to sell a lot of apps at 20-30 dollars, expect some million dollar DS and PSP quality games.

Don't even mention Dreiget, that game is shit and the developer doesn't have a single clue about UI design. They said the same thing for the DS that no company will ever be successful at producing a game that will not use it's dpad and buttons. But guess what? There are hundreds of games that proved them wrong. Someone somewhere will, one day develop a control mechanism that will just work. Don't underestimate the developers.

15. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    i still want a port of jet grind radio really bad,
    but it looks like it probably won't happen.

16. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I totally agree new ideas are the way to go.

I guess I just have no clue how much work is involved in porting a good classic game, vs developing a brand new one.

the quake port works really well for the wii. and it was probably a lot easier than building a brand new game of that caliber. (I can only imagine)

I'm not saying I don't want to see new games, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing some old favorites in the meantime :D

and from the re-volt gameplay videos, It looks like first person shooters will control great on the iphone.
    I think it would be good for some of those games which have likely been bootlegged or forgotten about in todays gaming world