Who Isn't Excited About Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sainter, Dec 18, 2008.

1. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I agree :(

I'm really hoping the last 20+ levels or so will take 15 minutes each to complete :p I don't want to be done with the game in two days, I want it to take me at least a month, lol :)

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ok, so.. is Rolando good, great, fantastic, mediocre? What is it? I know it only costs $10 but I can get 2-3 other really good games for that price. Should I get it? I like the concept...

3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Like i said somewhere else (another form)
    Is rolling colorful balls around that fun or is it more the strategy part, like dizzy bee?

4. KBmonster

KBmonster New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    yeah, not a fan either. With all the hype, I want to like it, however i view the clips on you tube, i read the reviews and it seem slike its missing something. For one, an emoticon character is not a stylized artform. It was frustrating just watching the video clip and how slow he moves that i am very glad I did not buy it.

looks like this weeks $10 goes to music and not an app.

5. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    It seems like a good game but i'm definitely waiting for it to go below $5. With so many good games at less than 3 bucks, i can't justify dropping 10 on a single game just on the premises that it "looks good".

6. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    One month of gaming for 10 bucks?
    Even 60$ games for xbox360 can't match your standard :p

7. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    haha u gotta love family guy lol:p

8. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    The question is. How LONG is the game play take? A DS action/Adventure game such as this should go for 6-8 Hours of game play at a cost of $30 retail - which is equivalent to a $9.99 App Store game.

More importantly - WHAT is the replay value. Do I finish it...Unlock cool stuff and can play through it again - doing stuff i could not do before? Or is this a one-shot wonder? Is it just the main game? Or are there a bunch of small mini games that extend replay value on their own...

This is where true internal production value that Mike Mika is bringing to the table from Digital Eclipse without having another pub in place telling him what to do. Mike is a great guy and I'm sure they are pushing the envelope.

Then again. From an 80's arcade gamer perspective - drop ship was a complete disappointment. Would have been worth a game of .25 one time - and not much more.

Thx!
    HHG

9. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Family guy sucks compared to south park,
    Still a top contender

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I love Family Guy, Southpark and Rolando ;)

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Has anybody finished ronaldo yet???? I'm on level 12/36

12. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I remember one person around here posting that they had finished. I haven't picked it up yet, not sure when I'm gonna, but I know I eventually