Who Isn't Excited About Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sainter, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Personally I don't see the big deal about it, but then again I haven't played it. I am on the sideline until I see some reviews about it

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I agree. I find Rolando rather shallow and pedantic...

3. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Me
    Don't understand the hype. But I guess I will try it out.

4. DarthBradicus

DarthBradicus Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #4 DarthBradicus, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
    I never understood what all the hype was about. I still don't see what's so special about it, even after watching the video that was just posted. I will look at the reviews when they come out, but right now I personally don't see myself buying it. Not only that, but I don't really know how unbiased reviews for this game can be, since it seems most game sites were already sold on the idea.

I mean, it looks cute and all, but I'm not into buying games for their "cute" factor.

5. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I really really like this game, but yeah it is overhyped. Probably due to all the suckage around the app store, which makes a lot of sense.

6. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    i have been playing it, its good but its so easy

7. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    While i'm still on the fence as to whether i'll get this game .... you have to give credit to NGmoco as being a shining star in iPhone development .... their games are well created, polished, humerous and totally fit with the iphone platform.

I wish more dev teams took note of their work.

8. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Well I was keen to get it, despite the completely over-blown hype that surrounded it. Now I have it I'm a bit 'meh' about it - it's OK, but I'm not really feeling the Rolando love. It is a *lot* like LocoRoco, but not as cute or as engaging visually, and so it definitely comes second to that game. I've found the controls to be a bit infuriating as well and the rolandos roll like they're going through molasses - they're so slow I want to give them a kick up the backside to move them along faster :)

9. mckevittster

mckevittster Member

Nov 13, 2008
    To me, it seems very similar to Loco Roco on the PSP, but maybe a little more interesting. My girlfriend loved that game, so I'm gonna wait till I give her the iPhone I got her for Christmas, and let her buy it! It does seem like there's a bit too much hype for it though.

10. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    You think so? I must admit I've been left cold by all their other releases to date. Don't forget that the whole idea and a vast amount of the development for Rolando was not done by ngmoco:) - they came along as publisher, got the original dev on board, and helped get the thing finished.

11. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Heh, thats the way to go!

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Me.

It's so overhyped. Yes it's cute and yes it's polished, but not THAT fantastic as most people make it sound to be.

Anyway, the marketing team definitely gets the job done.

13. othernine

othernine Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Northern Ireland
    What is this? You're gonna talk down to everyone now just because you won a game of Trivial Pursuit? ;)

14. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #14 Everydaynormalguy, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    Finally, someone who gets it. I was beginning to lose hope in humanity, I really was...

15. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I don't feel very excited about this game! I'll wait.

16. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's annoyed by the hype.

What I can tell from Gameplay videos and reviews this game isn't like Loco Roco.
    It is LocoRoco.
    Yeah, sure they took away the innovation, the great graphics and possible the awesomness and slapped on tilt and touch controls, but who are they trying to fool?

17. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    haha well put. Exactly my opinion too :)

18. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    haha lol im i the only one to get this FG quote?

EDIT: nvm just saw othernine post

19. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    I honestly never had an itch for this game.
    Its seems a bit childish to me, maybe i'm just getting older (37)?
    I am intrigued by the puzzle solving dynamics of this game, but the graphics look like they were made for a 5 year old.

I'm sure by the hype, popularity and reviews on this game, that this is a great playing, well polished game. I just wished the graphics were a bit more mature.

Just my $0.02

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Not here either, turned down by the price and may be the presentation. I find de Blob may be more interesting and fun in this regards. (okay, may be I am doing apples and oranges)