Who is really reading Touch Arcade?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Anonomation, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Every now and then I see certain people, like developers, employees, and even execs from major companies pop up...

Anyone think that they are really watching us crap all over their games about having too much IAP? (EA) Do you think that someone on the inside is watching, reading out posts?...

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Well yeah - some of them take part in the conversations so that's a given.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

A lot of really important people in the industry read TouchArcade, not that many participate. Basically everyone at Apple that has anything to do with Gaming reads us daily, as do execs at nearly all the big mobile studios and publishers. People who actually post on the forum and front page represent a very, very small percentage of our overall traffic which is sort of interesting as the interests of our community doesn't seem to necessarily reflect the interest of our readership. (Based on site stats, anyway.)

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What's Touch Arcade?

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I read TouchArcade.

And I post here occasionally too. :rolleyes:

6. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I've been reading TA since, well the app store came out and I'm surprised there's never been a rival website that also covers IOS games. I don't really read it as much anymore because too many good games are out everyday unlike maybe a handful of good ones every month 4+ years ago. Is for in App purchases, I don't think the developers care that much if you talk ill about them because there's a loud minority of haters over people who actually buy in app purchases and never go on forums. For many games it's a multi-million dollar revenue stream that adds more levels and content to buy vs paying an app for 1-5 bucks and only to fall of the charts and be forgotten a few months later and never makes a comeback. You may not have to agree with liking it, but I do believe it is the future of how games will continue to evolve and make money. After all, the first hit is always free right?