Who is going to THE DEAD CONCERT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by teagan1000000, Jan 6, 2009.

1. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    who is planning to see the dead on there tour, I AM GOING!!
    heres the info http://www.dead.net/

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Thought about it, but no Jerry, equals no Mr. Charley unfortunately
    I saw the boys on their 1st tour in 2005 after Jerry... what was it called (ironic I can't remember) oh, yeah, the Further Festival :)
    It was nice, but it's just not the same. I think I have to leave my Dead concert days in the past...
    Though Warren Haynes on guitar is rather intriguing...but who's gonna sing a Stella Blue or a China Doll or any lovely ballad? It just can't be done.
    If you do go, let me know how it was...or tape the show and send me a copy!!! :)

You been to any shows to have anything compared to or would you be considered a noob to the dead? ;)

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I got to spend a little time with Mickey Hart a few years ago. he's is an AWESOME guy!
    [​IMG]

4. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    For real?????

How in the world did you hook that up? Yeah, I'm a little jealous, I can admit it.

5. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Was that first show the one where they opened for the Black Crowes...I think Shoreline?

I've seen a few shows since Jerry. I really prefer Ratdog or P&F than all of the boys back together

Man I loved going to shows. It was nice living in California...lots of them to go to. Vegas was always a fun trip as well (no pun intended).

I'll probably go to this one for my wife. She never got to go to any of the originals.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I dunno, I didn't go to the Shoreline show. Further Festival was their tour name if I remember correctly, not an actual place/specific show.

Yeah, I loved going to shows as well, and you living in Cali was the right place!!
    Your poor wife, I feel for her! Never having experienced a real Dead show...it was priceless, and I'm so glad I was able to catch some shows.
    My wife's not into The Dead (crazy, I know), so we won't be going, and anyways, I just can't do it now that they are no longer Grateful.
    Oh well, I'll always remember the shows for what they were................

7. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    You are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

8. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008