Who is excited for Gears of War 2?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rocketman919, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I know i am.

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Right here man. GOW2 is gonna kick some major @ss. The first one was nearly flawless. Gears of War one is definitely the best game ever made for any console. Ever. Hopefully they tweaked out the online play on this one, it was a little disappointing playing only 3-on-3...

3. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    It was 4 on 4....... Anyway, i also agree it was nearly flawless. A lot of people complain about the plot being bad and the multiplayer being buggy and stuff, but i totally disagree. You might get a crabwalker every now and then, but if the host is a good one then he will boot him.

4. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Oh yeah, it's been a while since i've played it hehe. Who the hell said the plot was weak? Obviously they've never played Gaylo 3, talk about a stupid plot and ending and overall game...

5. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I completely agree.

6. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    I think Gears of War is one of the most boring games I have ever played with pretty much broken controls, slow movement and uninteresting weapons/enemies. Sold my Xbox 360 after two hardware burnouts so am I excited about GOW2? No.

7. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    What are u talking about? Everything u said makes no sense. Uninteresting weapons? How is a damn chainsaw-machine gun uninteresting? My guess is that u suck at this game because it actually requires some skill: not just jump around with a sword like an idiot like in Gaylo...

8. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    couldn't agree more. I was bored when I started it, bored up until I guess about halfway through. Tried to play online, was also boring as hell. So I traded it in. It seems kinds scripted to me, like it's on rails or something. I seriously don't get this game

9. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    So then what games do you like?

10. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    halo (or gaylo), pro evo, oblivion, fable 2, far cry, cod4.... Pretty mucheverything popular - except gears. I can't understand how it's so well received

11. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    hahahaha. Why am i not surprised?

12. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Haha why does halo cop so much sh!t? The first one is probably one of my all-time favourite games. Went downhill from there though, I'll admit

13. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    I did not suck at GOW, completed it on all difficulties. The main problem with completing it was not due to it being hard as much as having botched controls, hello same button to run as to crouch behind stuff, not the greatest of control options I have seen.

And yeah, scripted boring story. Chainsaw no fun at all, if you want gore and intensity try Manhunt 2.

I donĀ“t think GOW2 will be any better at all. Probably worse and even shorter than the first.

14. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    I just bought Fable II so no money for games right now...

But soon I'll be chainsawing a lot of ugly underground beasts!!
    I can't wait for this game! The first one was fantastic! It lacked story but Epic meant to make GoW a trilogy from the start, so they can't tell you everything in their first game!
    To the people who say they hated GoW1... That's too bad... It's one of the best 3rd person action/shooter games that ever existed with fantastic gameplay/controls, top-notch graphics and gore for the whole family xD
    Not to mention the breathtaking Berserker battles! ;)

As for Halo... Loved 1, didn't play 2 and I wished 3 was longer but loved the online and I still play it! In fact I think the online multiplayer is worth the whole game! I'm currently waiting for Recon...

This Christmas my wishlist consists of GoW2, L4D and Mirror's Edge!

15. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

im getting all the latest FPS

I'm gettin all the latest FPS coming out from now till Dec for my xbox including GOW2 of course!

16. (klondike)

(klondike) Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I didn't like the multiplayer on GOW. At first it was fun but now it's just a bunch of people running at each other with shotguns until one of them dies. It's so stupid.

17. slomper

slomper Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    same i dont know why everyone likes it, i mean im sure the 2nd one is going to be awsome but idk if ill bye it

18. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

OH MAN!!! I can't WAIT for GOW2 to drop. I have fond memories of sneaking up behind some schmuck and then splitting his head in two with my chainsaw gun...good times. According to IGN it's a 9.5 game with even MORE gruesome kills with different weapons. I loved the online co-op the first one had. Plus, hiding behind stuff instead of just going balls to the wall like every other shooter out there makes the game a classic. I just hope the second one doesn't have a TON of cut scenes. (On a side note, I wish I had the time to play Fable 2...damn work).

19. Hickeroar

Hickeroar Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I've got it pre-ordered. :p I probably won't be going to one of the midnight launch events though.

20. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I thought the first one was great! I never did get into the multiplayer though. Really looking forward to the new one!

gamertag: BATTLEBORNVEGAS