Who here spent $100+ on iPhone games in just a month?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Im curious who else had a similar experience. I usually buy one $60 console game every two months but since these pricewars took off, I spent a $120 so far on $1-$5 apps and love every game I bought. It was very reinforcing and I bought premium titles like Edge, fast, doom and real racing that I really wanted and that I felt truly warranted the higher price as well. A few dollars for a game is chump change.

Basically iPhone devs earned and got $150 from me in a month. Console game developers take six months to get me to spend that much money on games. With 50 million idevice owners If even 2 percent of them did the samething that's great news for developers.

What apple really needs to do is greatly increase the number of available pages for apps on 3GS phones.

2. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

well i spent almost 100 but it wasnt all mine seems as i won some here and i got a present of a card. But in total it was close to 100.

3. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Maybe not 100, but definitely 80 euros this month

4. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    I spend $15 - $25 every three days...

5. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I try not to count how much I spend on gaming. It would make me cry most likely :p

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I've spent no more than $65 on apps in June. So, not a whole lot..

7. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

I'm on the track to :( Too many good games :eek:

8. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    +1 on that! :p

9. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #9 wikoogle, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Yourof, have you bought any console games in June or July. If not you still gave more money to support iPhone game developers than you did for console game developers this month. And you got a heck of a lot more bang for ur bucks as well.

10. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    same. I buy a lot of console games so apps are nothing in comparison, but the prices do add up. I will likely get more replay value out of 120 dollars of apps than i will with 2 console games (unless they're online games like warhawk, I've played that game like 50 or so hours), so I'm not upset. And the risk factor is lower so I don't get upset either. For example, I enjoyed the new prince of persia, but I never finished it cuz the gameplay grew stale. I mean it was eye candy at its finest, but the gameplay was limited and it felt almost like a rythm game. 60 bucks for a game I played five hours (I'll finish it eventually, but still), while I payed 1 dollar for geodefense, which I had just as much fun with and played longer.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

Nope I havent bought a console game for more than 3 months....

12. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I actually haven't buying as many console games either. I got street fighter 4 in february and infamous in may. I may get red faction, but I'm saving to get a new tv in my bedroom cuz the viewing angles on mine are terrible and there is no hdmi input. This constant stream of games isn't helping me in my quest.:cool:

13. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    That's all very true. All my apps were worth the price and I spent more time with some of my $3-5 apps than with many console games (quantum collapse). There's many many $60 that I never enjoyed enough to want to finish. I'll likely regularly spend A LOT more on apps than my consoles each month assuming that apple does away with the limits on how many pages of apps you can have.

14. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I used to spend around $50 on apps every month, but I've cut down to about $5-$10 worth :).

15. pirkle

pirkle Active Member

May 29, 2009
    Manager - Interactive Marketing
    Dallas, TX
    About $75

I buy a couple games about every 2-3 days.

With the light release schedule for Xbox 360 games over the last couple months...I have not really minded spending this much on iphone games.

16. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    200 buckaroos

I'll see your $120 and raise you $80.

Then again, I don't buy console games much cause I have gamefly, and the ones I do are cheap.:p

17. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

This year so far i have spent nothing on console games. I have bought Fifa, madden and nhl all preowned so they were around 20-30 euro. And UFC new was €45. This has left me with money to spend on apps..... like others

18. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    oh wow thats actually pretty amazing, how many apps do u guys buy? lol i think in total ive spent less than 100 dollars since i bought my itouch , i only buy big iphone titles, other than that halo 3 keeps me occupied on xbox live :)

19. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    I haven't spent anything on apps or console games in over a good two weeks.still have my £15 to spend on itunes and I'm going to wait... somehow, I think I'm going to need all of it

20. metacove

metacove Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I bought the original iPhone (2g) close to release day. When 2.0 firmware got released and the app store came along I never really found enough games with that "WOW" factor. I know there were some but I probably overlooked it.

When I got the 3gs on launch day I bought a couple of games:

Real Racing
    Flight Control
    Stone Loops
    Knights OnRush

These games were enough to convince me that there was plenty more on the app store that deserved my money. Shortly after that I did some computer work and earned some "extra" money on the side. I used that $140 dollars to buy an iTunes gift card. That $140 dollar credit on my iTunes account is now down to about $3.

So I guess I can honestly post in this thread and say....

I spent that much ;-)