Who has some stats about % of people who buy in-apps in games???

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by JessikaTSV, Jul 25, 2012.

1. JessikaTSV

JessikaTSV Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Hi everybody!
    Can somebody share statistics or probably just now the statistics about how many people buy in-apps in games on App Store?
    Please if you know something it would be really helpful information!

Thanks

2. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    For most freemium games, that average range for conversion rates for a game is between 2%-5%, but it really depends on the genre, game quality and a bunch of other factors.

DP

Btw - There is quite a bit of factual info that you can search for on www.quora.com regarding IAPs, conversion rates etc. I highly recommend checking it out as I got a good chunk of my education in mobile metrics and business from the site.

3. jeremy.provost

jeremy.provost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This may not be applicable to the type of game your making, but I'll share our experience.

Our game, Cricket Words, has a single in-app purchase to make the game ad-free. There are no consumables, no coins, no power-ups or anything like that. We also tried to make the ad experience less annoying than something like Words with Friends. So consider how that may affect purchases of an ad-free upgrade. We priced at $2.99 for a long time and have recently dropped the price to $1.99. This price change did not have much of an effect on number of sales, and certainly not on actual profit (due to the lower price).

All that having been said we have seen a conversation rate of only 1.1% of our players. Maybe the game isn't sticky enough to warrant more purchases (we love it, but of course we do).

Just one perspective but I hope it helps.

4. Samuramu

Samuramu Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Game designer and coder
    For every download, my game Tiny Fireman Free gets about $0.10 (10 cents) on average.

But it's not a very money-sucking IAP mechanic. Simply 'unlock all areas'.

5. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Selfemployed gamedeveloper
    Denmark
  6. It is very unlikely that you'll get many developers giving up this information - as conversion rates can be used to determine ARPU and therefore revenue (which companies may want/need to keep private).

However, if you have a 5% conversion rate, you are doing very very well.

Of course, it depends on the type of game, more niche 'casual core' games have fewer players, but those players covert easier. Alternatively, casual freemium games have general appeal, and therefore large user bases, but those users aren't as invested in the game, so they don't convert as well.

7. JessikaTSV

JessikaTSV Member

Jan 13, 2012
    thank for sharing your info
    I´m just wondering how do you count the in-app %
    I mean you count all the downloads or only active users?
    Thanks

8. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France