iPad Who else is sick of classic games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mgondek, Mar 8, 2009.

1. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    There are a lot of games popping up these days that either are a classic game or something very similar. To tell you the truth I'm sick of seeing them. They built this sweet iphone with amazing computing power and what do we do with it...play games that were made years and years ago. Who would want to buy a playstation 3 and play frogger on it, with original graphics?? I want new games with graphics pushing the limits (such as zen bound).

2. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    Same here. I'm not into the classic games with the crappy graphics, no matter how "nostaligic" they may be.

3. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    im sick of this thread people who are complaining

4. SuperPaperSam

SuperPaperSam Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    i like some old classic games (tictactoe) and board games but only if they have great graphics.

P.S. If you dont like them then just ignore em and stop whining like a 4 year old.

5. bow

bow Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    it is kinda hard to ignore them

cause they are everywhere

i dont like them either

6. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    who r u talking to mgondek or me????

7. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    but youre not sick of complaining about these threads? hmm....

8. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    There are 6,625 games available to play. Surely to can find something to enjoy out of that lot.

9. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    I was just thinking that, haha.
    But I didn't want to exacerbate the problem :D.

10. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I love them. Considering that I started playing video games about 30 years ago, I think it's great to see so many classic ports. Keep them coming!

11. aleceiffel

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    well its a "problem" thats never going to end so...why not just live with the fact that many people wont post mutliple threads, but some will?
    oh well.......

by the way....i dont mind classic games....they at least bring some tried and true games to the iphone, that you know you will like before playing them....graphics arent everything...there are plenty of games with good graphics and crap gameplay and vice versa....

12. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    Yeah, I guess classic games are for the older people (no offense, but you're at least 30 judging from your post).

And since they have money, I guess classic games will keep coming :p.

I don't really care too much, though. But I do get disappointed sometimes when I see TA has a new post and it's about a classic game..not something "really cool" IMO.

13. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    Yeah, a lot of people just like to b*tch on here haha...but who doesn't, really? :D

14. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    i certainly would. i for one am very old school in my gaming. i especially crave after games from my original Sinclare spectrum, c64 and atari st days. i cant stand all these modern games.

every one is different with differnet likes. one of my fave iphone games is pole position remix for instance

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah they are the laziest games you could probably play. What really gets me is when devs make that crap and still charge a lot for it.

16. aleceiffel

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    exactly! people want these threads in order to complain! its a win win situation...

17. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    classic games are cheap and easy to make and still make a crap load of money

case closed
    who wouldnt want to make a classic game??

the only people who appreicate classic games (or called ports) are people who played the original and rare few who enjoy old games but didnt play the origninal

18. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    lets change the title of the thread to "complaining thread" will you???

19. aleceiffel

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    but classic games also have a gamestyle thats easily ported. its easier to port a game that used only one or two controls, rather than modern games that have two d-pads, 8 buttons, etc. Obviously these classic games are an easy suit to the iphone.

20. Classic games are pretty cool for the nostalgia but I would love for them to be available to purchase in a bundle. Sort of like paying $3.00 and you would get 5 classic games from the publisher.