Who are your favorite developers and why?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TheKrazyRussian, May 1, 2009.

1. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    My two favorite developers are NGMOCO and Subatomic Studios.

NGMOCO has always made "quality" games at low prices that just keep getting better and better with updates.
    They also paid me to play test few of their games, a dream come true for any iPod Touch gamer.

It's amazing how much support Subatomic Studios has gave to Fieldrunners, update after update.
    I can't wait until their next game.

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

these new threads every 5 minutes need to stop. this thread has been created search, and you will find.

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    EDIT: I guess my answer doesn't matter anymore :D

LOCK.

4. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I did a search and couldn't find it.
    Sorry guys, please lock.

5. jchampl

oh and......no they didn't. ngmoco does not pay to beta test. good try though, maybe you can join the cool club some other time, but stories like that won't get you in.

6. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Uhh yeah, they do, it's called a "play test" and it's done at their office right across from the AT&T Park here in San Francisco.
    I can tell you that i did a play test for Rolando and another upcoming game, can't talk about it until it's out.
    They go throught a 3rd party company called VGMarket who sends out invitations to gamers to see if you qualify, then they schedule you for a play test.
    http://www.vgmarket.com/

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    LovelyMan was just banned like an hour ago and this guy is new and has the makings of him. Is it coincidence? Or an alter-ego?

8. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh he got banned finally? Nice. For how long? Such a spammer...

9. jchampl

perm ban I believe.

also 16 posts in one day, i would say this guy is the 2nd coming of loverboy

10. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA

Yes, (sniff :eek:) he told Danny95 and I to shut up and he called Stick Escape the worst game ever. (or something to that effect) No wonder it is selling so well! People like "the worst games".

Back on topic: My favorite dev (besides myself ;)) the Dev of Ace mini Golf, one-2-three I think it is. I can't stop playing that game.

11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Sure seems like it, iloveboys had what? 270+ posts in 2 days?

12. jchampl

i'll eat my words then, i apologize, however you are more or less doing this through a second party company but I was incorrect for the most part. my bad, i'm an asshole.

13. jchampl

fdg entertainment is my favorite developer

14. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    LMAO @ the LovelyMan name.
    First of all i don't know who that even is, the name sounds pretty Gay* whoever he is, also, how do i have the same makings of him, was he also Russian, has the same Xbox Live GT and from CA?

*Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

15. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    #15 gscal, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    Some devs here on TA I like are davecazz, scotopia, Anders. Countless others, too.

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    ngmoco, Firemint and Gameloft for making innovative, fun games, brimming with quality.

17. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Apology accepted, and of course the developer such as ngmoco will use a second party company, how else will they find people locally and those with likings of the same genre that the play test is for.
    Plus, IMO ngmoco is way too busy to be looking for people out there, they're hard at work making those high quality games. :)

18. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Don't know about Firemint there, they only made one game so far and have updated once.
    Flight Control is a great game, especially for a buck, i was expecting more from the update thought, like an extra landing, runway, whatever they're called.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Firemint only published Flight Control. They also made both fast and furious iphone games, but I-Play published them. Real Racing should be on the app store soon, also.