Universal White Night (By Playdigious)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 15, 2017.

1. BigDich

BigDich Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2017

White Night

Playdigious
    After your car mysteriously crashes in the forest, you find shelter in an old and sinister mansion. As you explore your …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    After your car mysteriously crashes in the forest, you find shelter in an old and sinister mansion. As you explore your surroundings, strange events start to occur around you. Do you have the courage to unveil the house’s macabre past? Little by little, investigate, gather information and discover what lurks in the dark… “White Night. Black-and-white, Hitchcock-esque, and very cool.” – Kotaku “White Night will scare you in style!” – Hardcore Gamer “White Night Is Beautifully Unnerving” – Rock, Paper, Shotgun HORROR ON MOBILES - The critically acclaimed survival horror comes back in a mobile version that features revamped controls, an adjusted saving system as well as an overhauled interface. IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE NOIR - Discover a unique black & white art style inspired by masterpieces of the film noir genre. UNVEIL THE PAST - Investigate a nearby dilapidated mansion and interact with your surroundings in search of aid and answers. SOLVE PUZZLES OF LIGHT & SHADOWS - Collect matches to light your way and solve puzzles based on the use of light. AVOID APPARITIONS - Confront the nightmares of the past on an adventure in which darkness is the enemy… and darkness is everywhere. CLASSIC SURVIVAL HORROR EXPERIENCE - White Night is both a survival horror with its own identity and an homage to classic horror titles such as "Alone in the Dark". Filled with psychological horror and melancholy, the story of the game will unfold as the player discovers the dark events which built the manor a past, spinning a yarn in the style of an old noir story that you would be reading at candle light. Plunge into the mysteries of White Night! White Night is optimized for iPhone X. Visit us at: www.playdigious.com Follow us on Twitter @playdigious Like us on Facebook /playdigious If you experience any problem with White Night, please contact our customer support team at [email protected]. Don't forget to specify which device and operating system you are using.
    Information
    Seller:Playdigious
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Nov 15, 2017
    Updated:Dec 08, 2017
    Version:1.3
    Size:201.8 MB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #2 Brightsiderus, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Great game, but I think, that tap controls ruins the game.
    You can tap, but you can't hide from monsters, because the hero runs any way HE wants, but not the way you want.
    Also, you pick items from couple of tries. But it's scary and the ending is not happy...

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hows the main control ? Do you tap on the screen to move there or just areas to move to ?

Graphics look stunning, cant believe you can just tap anywhere to move there ?

4. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Tap on the screen to move there. The game was originally designed for joystick on PS4 or keyboard on pc. Dunno, why they haven't added virtual joystick

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Surprised this games not getting more love. Just bought it and had a quick go. Nice intro to it, very impressive how you just tap to move and the scene/camera angle all changes. Nice change of pace game compared to other ones i have, bit slow at first with the guy walking slowly but so far so good

6. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    #6 Brightsiderus, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    He will run after first chair. Also, you will hate tap controls near the middle of the game

7. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Hopefully, the dev will add the appropriate controls. Looks good, but will hold off a bit.

8. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #8 Gambler, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    :confused: This is the weirdest thing: Yes, why didn't they add Virtual Stick? And after the game was originally for Joystick on PS4/PC why no mfi controller support?? Instead they introduce this overhauled tap control system which even makes the easiest tasks - Like just examining or picking up an item - a real chore.

Reminds me so much of the control scheme for Talos Principle - My first mfi controller just had seized to function and I hated the game's standard tap controls: Slow, inaccurate and leading to a myriad of unnecessary deaths (Same issues as in White Light) - I had been ready to give up on the game because of always dying in one of the easiest levels ("Things to do with two Boxes") due to the inaccurate tap controls when - thanks to a TA article - I luckily realized that there was an option to change the controls to virtual stick.

From there on out I didn't have the slightest issues anymore and a huge blast with the game. Strangest thing though: When you attempt to change the controls to virtual stick in Talos the game says something along the lines of: "Warning, game has been designed with tap controls in mind, we strongly suggest not using virtual stick" ... (This mindset probably also is the reason that there's never any mention during the tutorial/introduction that one is able to change the controls at all)

Still don't get how the Talos devs could think the tap scheme was superior: Both games - Talos and White Light - were ported from a Controller (or keyboard) controlled Console/PC version after all! But at least the Talos devs were as farsighted to implement an alternative option for virtual stick (and mfi support too of course).

Just hope this still gets added to White Light. Tap controls are ruining an otherwise amazing game right now,

9. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #9 Gambler, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    P. S.: I wrote the devs to please include virtual sticks and/or mfi controls as tap is pretty much ruining the experience. If you want them to add those other control schemes you guys should do the same:
    HP: https://osome-studio.com/contact/
    Mail: [email protected]

10. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    I contacted Playdigious. They said that if there will be many people complaining about taps, they will add virtual stick

11. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Did it. Thx for the hint!

12. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Me too as well...

13. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Awesome guys :)

Perhaps we'll get better controls after all - Hoping for the best

14. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #14 Gambler, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  15. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Ok guys, contacting Playdigious to add Virtual Stick/mfi support to White Light would help even more it seems. Looks as they did the mobile port from the original Osome version - Searched google, instead I just should've looked into the app description:

HP (contact form): http://playdigious.com/about/#contactwp
    Email: [email protected]

Brightsiderus has a good point, seems more effective to mainly contact Playdigous to petition for adding Virtual Stick/Mfi - They also seem more responsive than Osome (worst case scenario, just copy-paste your mail to Osome like I did :) )

16. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    I'd really like to get this, so I'm going to keep sending. Also, hit them up on FB

17. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Completed the game. It's awesome. Even though I haven't collected all diaries and photos, because I was tired with tap controls. Last stage is mad.
    you need to run fast among monsters, and tap controls are awkward there. Also, you need to light a match in the middle of that running, so it's hard.
    made that from 10th try or so.

18. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    How bad are the touch controls?

19. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Not that bad. But you must running circles near collectibles to pick it up and running from monsters is a pain in the arse. Especially when he runs not the way you want him to run

20. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    I got a FB message from OSome Studio that they are improving controls...no ETA was given, but working on it...