Universal Whispering Willows (by Night Light Interactive, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 26, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The post right above the one you posted quoted the dev talking about the app already being update on Android and update being submitted on iOS...

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, let us all pretend this entire thread has been about everything under the sun except for the controls. Literally any page you click in this thread will bring up posts about how the controls were (still are) ugly, the devs are fixing them, updates have been submitted and were rejected and that we're waiting for this update to be approved. No one except for you has made a post about the controls being laughable in over a month, hence (and I'll say this again):

Bienvenue au Mois Dernier! Population: Vous

3. Nightlight

Nightlight Member

Aug 28, 2015
    FINALLY the iOS patch has been approved and updated.

Enjoy the new controls among all the other fixes. :)

4. Whackado

Whackado Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    You did a great job on the update! The joystick controls much better and everything is much more user friendly. Not to mention designed beautifully! Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to playing through this awesome game again :)

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Awesome news, this a fantastic port now!

6. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hopefully TouchArcade notes this in their Update Monday post :)

Will buy this now, great work :)

7. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Your expected to do no such think the AppStore will notify you when updates are available until then enjoy life and stop moaning.

Originally came to say the new controls are much better thanks!

8. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    The controls are great now. Thank you!

9. Thanks for adding the ability to rotate the device. And the controls are much nicer -- the floating joystick is great and the other buttons look much nicer, covering less of the screen.

Can I suggest one thing, though? Please add the ability for us to move the buttons to where they're comfortable for us? Right now, I can't comfortably hold my iPad and reach the "ghost" button. I would like to be able to move it above the pick-up button. Also, a bit of transparency to them would be nice, too.

Dust, which was just released last night, is a great example of this. I keep adjusting the buttons until I find that perfect position. This is getting pretty close. But without the transparency, it would cover much of the action.

[​IMG]

Then compare it to yours:

[​IMG]

Dust's also started out on the bottom, and I found it uncomfortable. So I adjusted them.

It's better on my iPhone, sure. But I would prefer them to be stacked there, too. Also, my save is on my iPad.

Thanks for all the changes so far, though! It is a huge step up from the Xbox controller!

10. Nightlight

Nightlight Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and further feedback. We'll do our best to continue to improve the experience across mobile.

If you could update your reviews on iOS/Android we'd appreciate it!

I'm glad I was able to work with the Touch Arcade community to improve the overall experience.

David

11. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I had been on the fence about this title due the initial impressions and my massive backlog of top titles; however, after reading the courteous and responsive developer presence here I am buying this in support and will be excited to play the mature version of this port as now the updates are proving to be impressive.

12. On sale now....one of my fav games in my old days