Universal Whirl the Squirrel by Dioxis Mining (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Jun 20, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Early on, I personally compared it to Sonic (as did others)... And I still stand by that... It seems like every level adds a new feature...

If you're willing to put some time in and like games where memorizing levels is a huge part of the gameplay... Snag it up. =o)

2. DioxisMining

DioxisMining Active Member

#102 DioxisMining, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    CygnetSeven, yeah, give it a go. I'm actually taking a break on here from programming the update. Everything people have had a little too much "frustration fun" with, I'm fixing up (don't worry, it'll still be a challenge ^_^). So with me you're going to get game support, too. Every level was handcrafted by myself, gone over time and again, and then again. Just watch the front of the screen to see what's coming and you'll be good.

Congrats to everyone on their level triumphs. And I'll check out why it wasn't saving the level completion without pressing the next level button. It should be a tiny thing for me to fix.

Oh, and there's a new review up from a guy in Germany (much better this time). It even has a video of him playing it, which was quite helpful to see what people have trouble with and what they don't.

http://bit.ly/17xGOAn Translated: http://bit.ly/10gYBpM

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    :)

No kids yet, but I do have 2 young nieces with whom I do spend quite a lot of time with.

As for siblings, I have 2 older brothers and a younger sister... try and guess which one of those 3 used to kick my ass regularly at Goldeneye on the 64. :eek:

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Working on Breakdown...lots of challenge!

5. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Beat the game...

Attached Files:

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Congrats Andy! I see that you're the first/only person on the leaderboards who did that. At least it means it's possible :)
    How would you rate the difficulty of the later levels?

7. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Congrats Andy! You're amazing

8. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thank you, guys. :)

To be honest, I didn't see much difference in difficulty between the first set of levels and the last. That's just my perspective, though. Sure, there are more enemies to avoid and the levels get a little more.. twisty. But by then you have already become like NEO, and experience everything in slow motion. :D

9. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That's why I'm struggling, I'm playing as myself rather than NEO:)
    I just now clawed my way onto the first world LB!
    Yippee!!

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woo!! Congrats Andy!!! I'm halfway through the third world now, then I'm off to try and better my times. =oP

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Awe man, friendly developer... peer pressure... can't resist.... X/

Bought!

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hopefully, you won't suck at it as bad as I do!

13. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Some updated times for "Twisty Jaunt". ;)

Attached Files:

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    With the positive reviews for this one, I'll give it a go( plus it will be nice to play something that's not gun based.

15. DioxisMining

WCFields, it's Squirrel-based. Let me know what you think (and again, the update is coming soon).

Andy_C83, yes, if you're doing really well on the later levels, you've just increased your skill with the game. That's how I wanted the game to go: a gradual increase in skill level to maintain the fun and challenge. I just made some of the first ones a little _too_ great an increase, apparently ^_^ But that's what a great gaming community is all about: working with developers to make games even better.

Request for everyone: If you watch any gaming video interviews, listen to podcasts, or read interviews, features, etc, let me know what some of the places you like are, especially if they're a little uncommon and I might not find them. I'm looking to do interviews of all sorts and will happily take user advice and contact the sites you mention. Thanks everyone.

16. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Your very welcome. :D

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry, Dioxis, I just now saw the 1-4 comment, and thank you, but nah. I prefer to figure it out.. I'll get it. =oP

I already feel like I 'cheated' reading Andy's spoiler (though I didn't mean to, it just showed up in my e-mail). =oP

18. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Aww. Sorry dude. :(

19. DioxisMining

20. DioxisMining

Thank you to those who voted in the GOW. Whirl didn't get in the top 3 (competition was tough!), but it beat Gloomy Hollow and tied Where's My Mickey? So not bad at all.