Universal Whirl the Squirrel by Dioxis Mining (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    ^^^^^^^Completely agree!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think once you get comfortable with adjusting your speed/position in air, it gets a lot easier. Memorizing and finding out where you can't just mash down on one directional button is a big part of getting through that first world.

3. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thank you! I will try again soon

4. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah. Confusing as hell I know. Completely misread the tutorial making something so easy into that BS post... ^_^

5. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I was just thinking. It would be nice if that brag record your race feature was added. Penumbear uses that feature. It would be nice to see how a phenomenal player tackles a tough level. Seeing how a particular race is done might help:) but there's always the fun of finding a secret passage way though on your own!

6. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    The developer said something about a triple enemy hit around the secret? I must find out about that!!

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Crikey - just gave this a quick spin this evening. Mentally fast and hard. Personally I wouldn't change a thing as nothing beats the feeling when you know you're in front of the little feller. It's like Mikey Shorts on speed - and then some. iCade would be good though but works great without.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    If anyone ever gets there, here are my times for the 2nd set of levels. ;)

Attached Files:

9. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I wish I knew how to record video on my device, especially if it would help people enjoy the game more. But I know next to nothing about these things. Is there an app that I can buy? Display Recorder? I dunno. :p

10. DustCloud13

DustCloud13 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    USA
    Wow... At this point I think it's safe to say I'm just shooting for 2nd place on the leaderboards :D

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    First off way to go with your amazing progress through this game. If it wasn't for you and syntheticvoid keeping the hopes alive I probably would put this game on the back burner. Thanks for your interest in a video but I'm just as new to that on these devices so don't worry:)
    I'm trying to figure out why I can have a very good run in Icy Angles and also activate the slow time and yet at the end I slip up a little and that's enough. To me logic must dictate that there must be a way of launching Whirl so he's ahead of the nenemy? Anyways have fun!

12. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I think that in the Icy Angles level, getting the time drop thingies is maybe a little too difficult. The drop down seems a bit randomy? I'm not sure, but for that level I'd advise leaving the secret bit alone.

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #93 Capricornman, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    Thank you! I'll try
    Edit: yippee!! I just did Icy Angles at 1:01:03
    I'm sure I could do better but I did it! It is possible
    Thanks Andy and Syntheticvoid! Not bothering with the secret place and concentrating on my technique helped a lot!! Onto the next level....oh no!
    Edit: What?!?!? I just returned to the game to look at Flowers the next level and it did not unlock!!!!!
    Because I didn't press the arrow for next level and I closed the app it did not save it! Oh man

14. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I just did Icy Angles in 55:92 yippee!!
    And I immediately pressed the arrow for next level. Flowers is open for business

15. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yeah, that's happened to me a few times too. It sucks, but congrats on beating the icy level again! Do I need to start looking over my shoulder? :D

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Andy... Do you have kids... Or maybe younger siblings?

I use to be super competitive with gaming... Talkin crap n all that... But once I started playing games with my daughters, it all changed and everything that came outta my mouth was supportive.

Just wondering... Don't see supportive gamers too often. =oP

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Ha ha ha lol
    I'm pretty sure your amazing times are safe but watch out for Syntheticvoid...I've heard he's a pretty good gamer!

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thinking of giving this a whirl. (ahem) It's either going to be great fum or highly frustrating. How does this compare to MOS or Rayman. What game is it similar too? Is it all trial and error replays and such?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'd say it's got the difficulty (if not more so) of MOS and the memorization that was required of Rayman. But I don't think I've ever been stuck so early in any platformer (hence, I'm on the frustrated side of he fence). You can tell that a lot of love went into the level design, etc. Just seems to click better with some more than others.

I'd say it's well worth checking out for a buck no matter what.

20. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Definitely worth it...you also get to practice your vocabulary when things don't go well :D