Which Saturn/PlayStation Titles to iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sabaki, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    #1 Sabaki, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    Hey everyone #

So I'm a recent convert from Nokia and one who used to boast about the graphics on my N86 # ...until I got my iPhone!

I must say that the games on iPhone look pretty amazing and it got me thinking, why can't we see some of those awesome 32bit titles ported to iOS as I'm convinced it can be done.

Would love to hear which games you'd want to see. Here's my 5 picks

1. Winter Heat (Sega Saturn)
    2. Final Fantasy 7 (PlayStation)
    3. Shining Force 3 all scenarios (Saturn)
    4. NiGHTS (Saturn)
    5. Dragon Force (Saturn)
    5. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)

Well, there's my picks. Saturn heavy as I was and still am a huge Sega fanatic!

So what you guys think?

P.S. I know there's 2 number 5's #

2. thegazman

thegazman Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi My first post ever
    It has to be SHENMUE !!!

3. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    #3 Sabaki, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    Hi thegazman and from another newbie, welcome to Touch Arcade! #

Shenmue is definitely epic! I put very many hours into that title. Was sad that the full vision was never realized #

You think Crazy Taxi would work on iOS?

4. Panzoor dragon for sure!!!

5. thegazman

thegazman Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Crazy Taxi would be cool:cool: But the controls might be a bit tough as the original wasn't called crazy for nothing lol

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    All RPGs from the PSX/PS1. Most especially: Chrono Cross, FF 7, 8 , 9, Vagrant Story, Alundra, BOF3 & 4, Symphony of the Night, FM3, Parasite Eve 1&2, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Valkyrie Profile, Tales titles, Persona 1&2, Suikoden 1&2, Wild Arms 1&2 and Xenogears.

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    How could leave out Lunar & Lunar2 ESP if were talking about Saturn, they also had some other great RPGs like Grandia etc..

8. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    #8 AaronLee, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    Guardian Heroes, with local and online multiplayer (including the original 6 player battle mode).

Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 + Misadventures of Tron Bonne for PSX.

9. BrokenKings

BrokenKings Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    I would love it if Shining Force came to the iPhone. SF 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games and I never got to play 3 because I never had a Saturn...

10. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I only got to play scenario 1 as the others were canned when the Saturn sales faded. So I'd love to finally play through all 3 and see how it turns out.

Trust me, Winter Heat was a stunning title too and one which could work on iOS. Here's holding thumbs!

11. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
  12. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I was one the few lucky Americans in the late 90s to have a store-bought copy of PD Saga. I wanted a port badly on PSN, but remember the game's director saying part of the code was lost.

We may never see a legit copy of that masterpiece in digital form now.

There are some short Dreamcast and PlayStation games that would be perfect for ios (Cannonspike could be beaten in 20 minutes!). Sword of the Berserk had quick time elements, but I don't if virtual buttons would cut it.

House of the Dead, Point Blank could be perfect. I think the early Time Crisis games were misguided but I have hope for light gun games.

13. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    To make you feel better: Vita gets PSOne support on Aug. 28 and the PSN store has pretty much all of those games save for the 2nd Suikoden and Legend of Legaia.

14. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This. And the already mentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga. And... Radient Silver Gun.

And about loosing part of the code to PDS - how in the duce does that happen!?
    :eek:

15. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    I have no idea. 1up.com had a feature story on it a few years back.

16. The Italian Job (Playstation)

17. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Courier Crisis for Playstation and I know it's neither of your consoles but I'd love Road Rash. :D

18. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011

Thanks for the heads up! :)

19. Aaron0887

Aaron0887 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    That report's pretty old and the Shenmue town game actually died a horrible death at the end of last year because nobody played it, unfortunately. Whether they might ressurect it on iOS I guess is a different matter.

I agree with some previous posters, there aren't many PS1 RPGs that I wouldn't like to see ported. I'd love Final fantasy 9 in particular.

Can't comment on the Saturn as I never owned one!