iPad Which of these games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kahanejosh, May 3, 2009.

1. kahanejosh

kahanejosh Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Student - Game Developer
    England, UK
    Hi

I realize I am going to get mixed opinions on this but Im having a really tough time on deciding which game. A note to add, I do like having re-playability, if you know what I mean.

- Hero of Sparta
    - Real Football 2009 (Any other good football games like this?)
    - Guitar Rock Tour
    - 2XL Supercross
    - UniWar (Any other good strategy games? RTS my favourite :))

Appreciate any help deciding. Thanks.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Hero of Sparta. Once you take the four to five hours beating it, you can replay it with crazy weapons and health lol.

3. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Interesting choice of games...
    - Hero of Sparta
    Or assassin's creed, I'm still considering both... may depend on price drops.
    - Real Football 2009 (Any other good football games like this?)
    Been on my to buy list for quite a while. Buy now, wait for price drop, or wait for another soccer app??
    - Guitar Rock Tour
    Sorry, can't help you here, not my kind of app...
    - 2XL Supercross
    Price drop? Update? From the reveiws here I have concluded it's not all it should be yet...
    - UniWar (Any other good strategy games? RTS my favourite :))
    I had warfare inc on my palm, and there is another RTS coming out soon I believe that seems to REALLY rock, but I can't remember the name, should be easy to find on the forum though...

I don't think you'll go wrong by much with any of these...:D

4. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
  5. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Hero of Sparta is my choice - It's a really good game and you can replay it on hard mode later on as The Bat Outta Hell mentioned.

Real Football 09 - I'm not a fan of football so I wouldn't know

Guitar Rock Tour - I finished this one pretty fast, it does have a bit of replaybility as you can play a guitar or drums. The songs are pretty good though.

2XL - It's pretty fun but not much replaybility after you unlock all the tracks. Superb graphics.

Uniwar - Can't say much as well, I played 3 missions only, still a good game though. Excellent for the .99 I paid for it.

6. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    All of your choices have good replayability except Hero of Sparta.
    WHHY would u wanna play the exact game story over again if u beat it in easy, its the same thing again. yes the stronger weapon is cool, for 5minutes maybe. I dont find myself playing the exact same storymode again in harder difficulty...

but the other choices:

Reall Football 09- u can play soccer games with various times over and over although i find it time consuming in each game. but a MUST buy if youre a soccer fan.

Guitar Rock Tour- you can keep playing songs over and over...especially ur favourite songs!

2XL- race over and over no brainer...if ur into racing games

uniwar- strategic games like war3 starcraft, those games never get boring, its never the same over and over again with the multiplayer!

final: depends which genre ur in i guess or which u favor the most!

7. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Uniwar just dropped back down to 99 cents, in case this influences your decision

8. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Mabey buy Galcon?

9. bamafan12

bamafan12 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Get Real Soccer 09 and 2XL Supercross. Both have brilliant interface, graphics, and gameplay.

10. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    uniwar or assasins creed

11. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    Uniwar is the cheapest and has the most replayability.

12. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    [app]UniWar[/app], if you want replayability. You can have 20 different games running simultaneously, against real-life opponents, and the associated interface is great. Best deal on the app store right now at $1.

13. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    From this list I would say Real Soccer. I think the replayability are greater in this games than the others. Hero of Spart is an amazing game, but once you finished, you do not have much incentive to play it again (not for me). Guitar Rock Tour is not my type of game (gets boring over the time). 2XL is awesome, but the controls are questionable. Finally Uniwar is an unique game, the fous is on multiplayer.

14. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Hero of Sparta - Long lasting fun game, but when you beat it, the game is done. No replayability.

Real Soccer 09 - Fun at first, but when you get the hang of it, it'll become way too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Guitar Rock Tour - Has great songs, lots of replayability

2XL Supercross - Gets repetitive, great graphics though. Too expensive imo

Uniwar - I dunno if it is still 99 cents. If it is, then go get it. Fun strategic game, awesome multiplayer mode.

15. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I think Assassin's Creed is much better than Hero of Sparta
    with more Level,voice acting,and more fluent in frame rate,
    but Hero of Sparta is also a great game

16. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Hero of Sparta- 8 long levels, exceptional graphics, upgrades to get when you beat the main game= replayability (also, you should get Assassin's Creed intead of this if you really like it, otherwise keep your other 4 bucks)

Real Soccer 2009- great interface, graphics, and controls, but not my type of game

Guitar Rock Tour- more like Guitar Hero than Rock Band, two instruments, great interface, quite fun, achievements=replayability

2XL Supercross- really fun, good controls (8 control schemes), lots of tracks, bikers, and bikes, amazing graphics, beating your past times= replayability

UniWar- not my type of game, but a steal at $0.99

17. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    If you want an action adventure go with HOS, but if you're interested in offroad dirtbike game ...then go with 2xl, but keep in mind it needs an update with more features and nobody knows when the update will come.