iPad Which is the best Poker game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Spitfire3775, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    Hi,

I am looking for a good poker game and I don't really care about price if the game is good. What should I get?

2. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    video poker or poker real play????

3. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    also what kind of poker?

texas hold 'em or 5 card stud or what?

4. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Theta is my favourite THE based poker game.
    Simple interface and fast gameplay

5. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
  6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    If you want a THE game the one from Apple is by far your best bet. The others pale in comparison.

If you want a good game that's not THE then tough luck I haven't been able to find one. :(

7. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Look at THTouch

It's a great $.99 alternative to the $5 Apple THE game

8. Spitfire3775

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    I am new to poker and I want a game with great replay value. Is THE the most common style?

9. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Get THTouch. Awesome controls and interface, only a dollar. VEry customizable games with # players and money starting with. THis is a ridiculously underrated game. Pick up where you left off whenever you want. Play a game you started 3 months ago even, or even longer. I play this all the time. Get THTouch man, only 1 dollar!

10. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

If you want to play against the CPU then I can't help you. If you want to play online with real people, try Live Poker by Zynga, or Mega Poker (brand new game).

Zynga has connectivity problems but not enough to stop me from playing yet.

Haven't played Mega Poker Online much. They've been updating it though and it seems good. I may switch to that if Poker Live keeps pissing me off. PL just added banner ad popups during the game ON TOP of the table, so you have to tap near it to clear it and continue playing. however I only have the free version.

11. Spitfire3775

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    Right now it is between THETA and THTouch. Which one?

12. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    I dont know anything about theta but if u dont care if their is online multiplayer(its not like u can win money with any iPhone poker games), then i highly recommend THTouch. Only a buck, you will NOT be dissappointed. I would pay more than a buck for it. RESUME YOUR GAMES ANYTIME(I love this feature : )

13. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    http://appshopper.com/games/tic-a-tac-poker
    "Tic A Tac Poker combines Poker and Tic Tac Toe to create an all-new poker game with eight opportunities to put together your best hands. Play down, across or diagonally as you place your cards very carefully and strategically on the game board."

Tic A Tac Poker Lite version is here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305929503&mt=8

Tic A Tac Poker $1.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301065090&mt=8

15. rik555

rik555 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    poker superstars is good too

16. burrows

burrows Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Canada
    I bought this app 'Live Poker' by Zinga .. crashes every time .. m wondering if it has gotto do anythin with the device .. fingers crossed:(

17. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    hey guys. Im looking for a THE poker game where you have like a career mode. I dont know if this is run of the mill or not as i dont have any poker games :eek:

18. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Seriously, if you want to play with real people, than get Live Poker Deluxe by Zynga(.99) I think its the best poker game even though it crashes ALOT, it feels the realest to me. There are alot of singleplayer poker apps in the store like Texas Hold'em, but to me it gets boring quick playing against a computer(at least for a game like poker).

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Texas holdem is the most common. Get Apple's Texas Hold'em game, it has amazing replay value.