Which device to buy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by fearlesskk, Nov 6, 2015.

1. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    So Im stuck with an ipod 5g, and i recently got a job and looking at buy something much better to play vainglory and upcomming games smoothly... Although, I dont want to spend over 600$ on it. So i wanted to know what would be worth my money? Ipad air 1? Ipad mini 2/4???

I kinda find expensive the ipad mini 4 64gb... and getting 16gb aint worth it so ...

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have not owned a mini so.... The iPads are great if you don't mind a larger screen, and actually they can be really good because of having a larger screen. I got the iPhone 6+ and that has become my main handheld now due to a reasonable screen size, but small enough to fit in my pocket. Prior to that though -iPad all the way. The prices are coming down - can get some really good deals on both the iPad Air 1 and prices are going to be good on the iPad Air 2 I would bet - they are not selling as much as expected so retailers will be dropping prices - Black Friday and Cyber Monday should net you a great machine. 64Gb or higher is the only way to go. The nice thing about the iPad for me is the versatility for surfing the net, watching movies / Netflix, and the games. I love HOGs so having a larger screen makes the whole experience better. Good luck in your search.

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree. Ipod touches, iPhones, been there, done that! To me, for gaming, iPad is the only way to go. If you don't wanna spend much money, and you don't mind buying something you really don't want or will grow out of real soon, go for a cheap device with hardly any room to store anything. Otherwise, just save and get something that's gonna be viable for a longer period of time that you'll be happier with! My grandma always told me, 'what's worth having is worth waiting for'! After all these years, I realize she was spot-on with that advice! And also, 'you get what you pay for' I live by. As reported above, I wouldn't buy anything with less than 64GB. I have an iPad 4 with 128 GB right now. Plenty of space, not gonna have to 'delete-to-get' anytime soon for me! Love it! Anything with 16GB these days is just stupid! Really, even 32GB is redundant! Hang back for a minute, score a good deal, and you'll be glad you did later!;)

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've got to agree on holding out for an iPad. I also own a Nexus 7 and the 6th gen Touch and although perfect for the convenience of a more mobile device neither imo compare to the more immersive gaming as when using my iPad 4.

5. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    I agree with all. I have an air 2 and would not have anything else. For me the screen size is perfect - games, movies, Internet etc. I would not go anything smaller.

Also, I have 128gb and only 5gb spare!! I have many games and films which have had to make way over time. It was £557 in the uk on a "buy now-pay in 12 months" deal. It is worth the extra money or wait for a deal. You won't regret it as you won't need to update for a few years.

6. MintyIce

MintyIce Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Get which ever device you are happy with. If you really like Iphone than I would get an Apple product.

7. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Or, switch to an Android, buy a $400 tablet, and add a 128gb card. I think that is the way I am going.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    iOS games for me are only good for time wasters. Like I'm enjoying Tiny Rogue. For that purpose it's perfect. And for that purpose you want something that will fit in your pocket. I don't use my iPad 2 much any more and not just because it's dog slow now. I just don't find that a useful device any more and rarely have it with me.