iPad Where's Quick Draw?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zincous, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Not available in the US itunes store anymore?

I click on links from their website and itunes says it's not available. And it doesn't show up in the search anymore either. :(

2. firstprime

firstprime Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    president of awesome town!
    wexford, ireland
    its not in the Europe store either....

3. iQ8

iQ8 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Thank god someone brought this up, well I own this game, no one even bothers to sign in and play.
    now I seriously want my 5 bucks back

4. firstprime

firstprime Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    president of awesome town!
    wexford, ireland
    its a shame more people don't play it, its a really fun game but you cant exactly play it by yourself, can you?......no

5. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    This has happened to a lot of apps. For some reason the app store is saying that they're not available for sale in 2009. Devs just have to go in and fix one if the settings.

6. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah this just means nobody new is buying the app and joining in and playing. Which means the player base is not growing :(

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    You can, but truthfully, it's not that fun...

They need to fix the terrible lag and need to add a chat system after you've guessed the correct word. That way the game could be more fun and people would stop saying "hi [name]!" when they're supposed to be drawing.

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol I've done this before ;)

But yes this game could be highly improved. But if the app isn't even in the store anymore, is it even being worked on?

9. evanmav

evanmav Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    maybe if the game wasnt over priced people would buy it :p. i know for sure i would buy this at like 1.99 at the most but at 5 bucks no way

10. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I must have bought it on sale? Because I bought it at $1.99 around Christmas time.

11. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, I read on Twitter from some developers (MajicDave - I think that's his name) that there is a bug or something on the app store. Every time a dev changes the price, they have to change the date the app was made available, otherwise it automatically changes to a 2009 release date and it's pulled from the app store.

I don't really understand it, and I may be wording it wrong (I can't remember the exact words he used), but that's what is probably going on.

Yeah, it was on sale. That's the only reason why I bought it. It's worth it, but it still needs to be improved.

12. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    It was really annoying when the drawing would just stop coming in on that game.. others would guess the world when all I saw was a line. And why on earth where there so few words when they require no effort to add in... its just text.

But yeah, i do hope it comes back on soon, i occasionally still play it a bit (fun concept still) and it needs more users.

13. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    They need to have a lite version with ads that only allows you to play in room "General." That way, people would buy the full version (if they added a couple more features and fixed the lag), and there would be more people online with the free version. Plus, they get money out of it since it's ad supported, so everyone wins.

Also, the lag I was referring to is also just the low framerate in the game. For example, when you're watching the drawing form, you'll see a few lines added every second or two. When you're drawing, you'll notice it's almost impossible to draw a circle. They desperately need to speed that up.

14. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

Quick Draw is back, and it is now $3.99

15. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    And you'll be glad to hear in the description it says

"COMING SOON
    -In-game chat features
    -Hundreds of extra words and more categories"

Can't wait!

16. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Look forward to the update - still play it most days (I'm up to 5 on the all-time score chart, not that it's a particularly hard thing to achieve since there are relatively few players!), and usually can find other people to play.

I do find that if you go into a room that is empty and wait a bit, after a while people will suddenly appear and start playing. I think quite a few people log in, see there is no-one playing and just quit without starting a game or waiting.

In game chat (between words obviously) and a larger selection of words will greatly benefit the game. Plus a limited time 99 cents offer. I bought it at its original price and don't regret it at all.

17. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm currently number 3 in that game. I've played with you before^^^:cool: