iPad Where to find more iphone game reviews

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jakemann23, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakemann23

jakemann23 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I think toucharcade is a great iphone gaming review site, but I also know that there is a good number of games released every week and it is just impossible for one site to review them all. This makes it hard to get the review you want, when you want it. So I have made a list of a few iphone game review sites that I think are worth checking out as well as toucharcade.

Im sure there are many more great sites that I have not listed here, so please offer your input so that everyone can be up to date. I hope this thread is helpful for everyone.

http://www.slidetoplay.com

http://www.iphonegamenetwork.com

http://www.iphoneappreviews.net

2. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    fingergaming.com is a good one. it's run by Matt who frequents these boards.

IGN.com has a wireless section, but it's not as up-to-date and the dedicated iphone gaming websites. However if you're into gaming/entertainment in general, it's a very cool site to keep an eye on.
    (plus they have a "babe of the week" section) :cool:

3. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    #3 Valmont, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
    I really like ign.com for reviews, at least for console games. Their wireless section is good too when they actually put stuff up there. But it seems that they really put that section on the back burner, so to speak, and only up date it now and then with a few things. There is so much more they could add. Still worth checkin out now and then.

Like jakemann23 mentioned, I too really like slidetoplay.com. The review system is good (although I like a little more rating variability then just a 1-4 score) but how its presented is nice. Also I really like the overall aesthetics and feel of the site.

Edit: I forgot to mention www.appshopper.com, not really a review site, but great source of info for prices drops and such :)

4. thom-22

thom-22 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    There's also www.apptism.com, which aggregates reviews and articles on other sites, including most of those mentioned above. Plus you can register and keep lists for "my apps" and "watched apps".

5. jakemann23

Oct 20, 2008
    awesome! thanks for the posts guys. im familiar with ign but agree that they are seriously lacking in the iphone department:(.

any other sites anyone can think of? i usually have plenty of time to burn at work so im looking for as many good game review sites as i can get my hands on :D or anything else that might be interesting...

6. thom-22

thom-22 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    Where do you work? Are they hiring?!? :D

7. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

http://www.touchapper.com

My site, just launched today. Need writers, paid jobs.

8. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    I frequent all those sites. :)

I also like this MobiRiot site.... :D

9. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    I, like you, have a LOT of free time at work right now, and I have quite a few sites that I look at for reviews. One that has not been mentioned yet is http://www.tiltgamer.com/. I love all of these sites because I can manage them in my google reader. Makes life so much easier!

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I used to visit tiltgamer but if I'm not mistaken, there hasn't been any activity/updates in a little while

11. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    I think you're right. I have it on my list, but I didn't realize I hadn't seen anything from them recently. Sorry about that!

12. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

I'm really not trying to spam here, but I just launched my site today, called http://www.TouchApper.com.

Just hoping some of you guys would check it out. It's going to be updated regularly. Also, anybody here who wants to write for it?

13. TheSinMuffin

TheSinMuffin Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I also have my own site here but I haven't updated since several things happened that stopped me from posting there. I should resume posting there sometime next week. If you want me to review a game, just send me a PM or something. I'll be glad to review it.

14. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No worries...nothing wrong with your comment/suggestion. I'm sorry if my response sounded kurt in any way. I'm just not sure tiltgamer is an active site any longer

15. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

Not trying to spam but I couldn't resist...

Hello everyone!! As with almost everyone here I'm a "long time viewer, first time post'er". This is a great thread! Some of these I've never heard about. FingerGaming is one site I frequent but overall I visit this site every morning. (You all are so quick to see the new releases...it's amazing). I too have started my own "app review" website here. I'm fairly new to blogging/website maintaining so it doesn't look as great as most I've seen. Personally, I talk nonstop about apps to friends and family so I thought I'd create my own website instead of bothering them :) It's a little difficult to explain but, instead of reviewing ALL the new/old apps that are out/coming out, I simply tell you what I think about the ones I like/dislike. Almost as if we were two friends with iPhones/ipod Touches talking about what we enjoy. I just started creating it last week so it's a little rough around the edges. Check it out and feel free to comment :) On a side note, I hope to post more often here, now that I'm a member!!! :D

PS: if you happen to read my "take" on Loot Wars and decide to kick my butt...atleast shoot me your screen name (via email)!! I seldom attack strangers but friends are always a great challenge ;) Take care.

16. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

If I could add another question to this thread (instead of starting a new one): along with websites devoted to apps, are there any good podcasts you guys listen to that deal with iPhone/ipod Touch apps? I really enjoy tii The guy doesn't come up with a new show very often but he's enjoyable to listen to, in my opinion. There's also a video podcast on iTunes but I hadn't had time to watch recently.

17. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I listen to the "Iphone Games Network" and "Touch of Gaming" podcasts. :)

18. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Games Are Evil does really in depth iPhone game reviews that I like. These are the same guys who do the Touch of Gaming podcast mentioned above.

19. jakemann23

Oct 20, 2008
    putting these in my bookmarks. great idea with the podcasts as well:D

20. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    it is so funny. every once in a while I look at ipod touch fans to see how immature they are when I need a laugh, and guess what, they have this same thread about other review sites. They all think their website is the best, and they have the most concise and mature reviews and commentary. uh no. I wanted to tell them that, but I am not giving that site any of my personal info. SO FUNNY! I love touch arcade