Where the heck is 4.2 for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mrdyer1984, Nov 16, 2010.

1. mrdyer1984

mrdyer1984 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    It's way to boring to even type it in...
    Shrewsbury PA
    #1 mrdyer1984, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Okay, saw the apple website...a great thing was on the way...I was excited...I have an iPad and I hoped it would finally have 4.2. The only idevice to really need to upgrade has had to wait for months. So, I checked the site at 10am, and what to I see...The Beatles...I love the Beatles, but give me the god damn update!

Okay, now that I vented...anyone heard anything? A google search turned up the 24th...but I read a lot of conflicting reports...

I use mine for business (and some games...thats why I'm here)...and it kinda sucks to have a $800 device in which I have to email a document to my office computer just to print it.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Was last Friday, pulled because of bugs, it'll be soon.

3. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Even the 24th is still JUST a rumor.

Apple said it would be out "in November." The month isn't over yet. Patience.

It's for the benefit of the end user.

4. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Right... It'll still have bugs. IMO, every firmware "update" Apple released has been buggy. I'm an addict, so you might not have as much "experience" as I do. No offense.

5. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    I also heard they may have taken out airprint ...

6. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    You really thought something "you will never forget" would have been a simple iPad update? And as someone said above, they said November, so just have patience, your life isn't going to change with the release of 4.2.

7. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    iOS 4.2 for ipad is a big deal. Very big deal! I couldn't stand 3.2. It's about time Apple right their wrong. I paid $75 to try the iPad for two weeks. Now that 4.2 is almost here and it's most likely going to cause problems for many apps, I'm just gonna sit back and wait for iPad 2. By then there will be a good amount of apps available in working condition. I'm slowly learning from my mistakes. Yup.

Ohh, if anyone is wondering... Yes, you can throw your iPad across the room and it will not break. As long as it lands on a hard wood floor. Not even a scratch! :eek:

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Never fear, the whaaambulance is on the way.

9. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    @fearless

None taken, but it's a pretty baseless assumption. I'm actually very familiar with iOS.

You'll find there are lots of "addicts" floating around, they just may not have a post count.

Thanks for the concern though.

10. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
  11. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    They only took it out on one of the betas. I have the 4.2 GM2 on my iPad, printing is all there...my developer partner said the delay was due to a big wifi bug in the 4.2 GM1 release, not sure if that's true.

Been using 4.2 since the first beta, and thank god...it would completely suck without folders with all the apps I have. You guys will love the new changes, and yes the whole mute switch sucked at first, but I've gotten used it and could care less about the switch now.

12. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    It might be a big deal at the moment, but it's not something you'll "remember forever". I don't really remember any iPod updates after I use them the first time, it just becomes a normal part of my iPod.