iPad Where are the SciFly updates

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pablo19, Dec 10, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I thought the dev was pretty active and had his own forum, He promised more ships and stuff but where is it? any info

2. Wondering the same thing myself. I took a risk on this game after a lot of praise, and wasn't exactly blown away by it. But I thought "oh well, an update will be out soon". Nothing. Disappointing.

3. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    yeah seriously man this was my favorite game in the first few weeks i had it, and then it got boring with only a few levels and ships! He promised updates, and I hope he will keep that promise.

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yea. He's split and run.

5. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    yeah, might be. But I heard some people who were beta testing new planes and stuff.:confused:

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Now why in the world would the dev update this? He already got our hard earned cash, so he's probably sitting on the beach of a tropical island right now, drinking these cocktails with small umbrellas in it.
    :D

7. brewstermax

I would ask for a provision, but I don't know his email..

8. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Hey give Josh some slack ok? He's a freaking teenager like me and guess what? We have to do something called homework every night! He's very busy with school but when he can he works on making Sci-Fly better. I am a beta-tester for him, one of the few in fact that does so. He has got some great new material coming along including more ships (which I won't name or describe) and also at least another map. :D So PLEASE CUT HIM SOME SLACK FOR GOODNESS SAKE! He will update when he can!

9. brewstermax

Whoa, whoa. If I'd known that the dev was a teenager, I would have never purchased this. I can't depend on them to support this with any quality. Really good material for someone who obviously has had no training though.

10. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Wow! didn't know a teenager was doing it. how old is he anyways? pretty impresive

11. Man if a teenager can write apps like this I can. Where can I learn the language etc? Sign me up! This kid can be rich by the time he's 20.

12. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    BTW don't you need a credit card to get all that money that you earn? is it his parents credit card???

13. brewstermax

Yea. But right now, its not much good, as he can't do both. Maybe wait a while and go to college and then do it, as the games will be better, and the support will be better.

14. They're probably 'looking after' the money for him ;)

15. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    BS! He makes awesome stuff! I have actually seen early models for the next ships and they are great! I suggested 3 different ships and he has I think made almost 2 of them. He is 16 and he is an EXCELLENT modeler! The ships are looking great. I would guess that he is using a debit card so that he can get the money from it. His sales haven't been fabulous...:( I hope he gets more sales...

16. brewstermax

Well, I've got it and I am not going to argue with Apple for my money back, but I think it is worth the $.99 I got it for. More frequent updates and multiplayer are a must with this one.

17. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Hey. It wasn't that uncommon for devs to be teenagers in the '80s and '90s, although it seems to be less so now. The guy who made the 3D engine for Duke Nukem 3D was a teenager, for example.

--Eric

18. brewstermax

Because all of the older people didn't understand how to. but now those same teenagers have decades of experience and make amazing games.

19. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Do u by any chance know when this update is coming out?