iPad Where are Kyper and Oregon Trail?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by turakm, Mar 3, 2009.

1. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i have been dying for these games, werent they suppose to be here a few days ago?! :(

2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    yeah. Been waiting for those titles myself. Let's just wait another couple of days.

3. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Hey fellow Touch Arcaders,

You need to chillax the games will be here, when they get here. Remember, the games have to go through a strict review process (Apple No Standards to go by system, just people deciding based on the day they are having). I'm sure they will be out either today or tomorrow.

4. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    which one? both of them? I do hope so...

5. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Both should be later tonight or tomorrow. The best way to know is if one of our friends overseas let's us know. They tend to get the games six or eight hours ahead of us do to time zones

6. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Everyone's been saying that for the past few days. Get with the program. :)

7. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    I am with the program, but when people open new threads based on games we already have threads for it can be annoying. I want the games to, but we have no control in how quickly the games come or how fast they are reviewed. Everyone, needs to remember this is a new distribution process its not like a major game developer announcing a date and having the game shipped on the date. There are maybe over a 100-200 game apps submitted to Apple everyday and it takes time to go through that many apps. Plus, it doesn't help that they might be like 6-7 people reviewing apps. The games will be out, when they are out. When people whine about a game not coming out I just laugh because if it's approved it will be out when 1) Apple approves and 2) when the developer hits upload.

8. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Great, I live in Indonesia. about 12 hours earlier than US. It's 8:46pm on the 3rd of March right here.

9. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    12 hours LATER than the U.S. ;)

10. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    hm? later?! no way man... well, maybe so in terms of the app release date. a release date of March 4, may become available to us here in Indonesia on the 5th (which is still considered at the same time) <sigh>

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Oregon Trail is going to be $5.99 right?

12. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    You mentioned you were in Indonesia, 12 hours earlier than in the U.S. If it's Tuesday night for you, there's no way you're 12 hours earlier than the U.S., because it's Tuesday MORNING for me ;)

13. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Hahaha... are you sure? It's Wednesday here in another 2 and a half hours, whereas it's going to be more than 12 hours for you to turn Wednesday. The earliest place in the world is the island of Fiji. At this very moment they're living in the future, so to speak. Because it's wednesday already for them.

14. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    That's my point ;) You said it was earlier in Indonesia than in the U.S. I'm saying it's earlier in the U.S. than in Indonesia.

BTW I'm not talking games, just time in general :)

15. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    errr dude...Sorry to burst your bubble but countries in the east are 12~ hours earlier to the U.S. What he meant to say was we will enter Wednesday earlier than you guys. I live in India and it's 8:15 PM over here. Get it?? Pay attention in your Geography class :p.

BTW i don't think the time zones have any effect on the release dates. I remember creating lots of xxxxx is out threads and the games showed forthe guys in the U.S too.

16. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Hm, that begs the question which timezone does the itunes app store use?

EDIT: @MasterShake, yes mate, it's going to be $5.99. But I kinda hope they'll give us an introductory price or something.

17. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Actaully if you remember Payback was showing up in Europe before it showed up in the US. I remember back from geography that Europe is eight hours ahead of US eastern time zones. Regardless the games should be going live today or tomorrow night in US.

18. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    By "earlier", he meant "ahead". He enters Tuesday "Earlier" than you. :D

19. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    "Wednesday will arrive first in Indonesia" is different than "it's earlier in Indonesia than in the U.S." ;)

20. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    good point. Anyway... I hope by the time I wake up tomorrow, these two apps are ready for download.