Wheeler's Treasure - Piratey Platformer - 99 cents! [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoLivesLeft, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Which new item sounds the most fun?

1. Pirate Pistol

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Peg Leg

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Voodoo Doll

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Pet Parrot

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Sacrificial Rubber Chicken

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. friendlytoaster

friendlytoaster Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Programmer
    Chicago
    Finally just unlocked the Voodoo Pocket Watch!

I am the master of stopping cannon balls.......... with my face :p

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I voted chicken lol

3. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    For me it was either Pistol or chicken... i vote chicken... They're awesome! ;)

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#164 jak56, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    the parrot could be awesome! the character might be able to hover for a limited time! dammit! i dint read the earlier post! i wouldve voted voodoo doll!

however, if the parrot will also attack bats, then id be happy with my choice

but about the price- i think this game is worth way more than 99 cents! it should be a $1.99 app! maybe 99p should be a 1 week starting price to get high in the charts, then raise the price

i was so happy when i got to 3rd place! now i just gotta stay third!( i doubt i can get over 1400):(

5. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    I there a way to avoid the asteroids? And what effect do they exactly have on the wheel?I'm a little confused!

6. Thanks jak! I'm sure you can score higher (though 990 is pretty good). At 1000 yarrds you can find the blue boots, which make things a lot easier since they give you triple jump.

About the price, the $0.99 will only be for a brief introductory period when the game is released.

You can avoid them pretty well by staying inside the wheel when they start coming. They can potentially damage the wheel though, if a meteor (volcanic rock) hits the wheel it sets that piece on fire. That piece then has a small chance of breaking off.

Also if you wear the Wooden Bucket on your head you will only take half damage from them.

7. thegamerocks06

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    That's what I thought! And yeah I'm wearing the bucket on my head! :p
    Also I was wondering what is the multiplier at the top for? And what is the purpose of collecting those red gem stones? I'm sorry, I got a lot of questions!

8. No problem! The red gems are worth five coins. So they're pretty valuable. They can be stolen by crows, but you can see if a crow is carrying a gem and killing it will get it back. You'll also occasionally find chests that explode with coins when you touch them, these are worth 10 coins.

I pulled this from earlier in the thread:

[​IMG]

This is the Skill Multiplier, and you can build it up by staying inside the wheel and not getting hit by enemies or touching the ground. The higher it is, the more powerful you are, it has the following effects:

Damage reduction: Take less damage from enemies and hazards
    Heal faster: Health regenerates based on how high the multiplier is
    Repair cheaper: Repairs will cost 20 - X, where X is whatever your multiplier is. It can be a maximum of 9, so at that point you can buy repairs for 11 coins.

9. thegamerocks06

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    Thanks! I get it now! :D

10. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    so, is this submitted?

11. thegamerocks06

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    Just got 861 and unlocked voodo watch too...watch out for me pirates! ;)

12. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Damn I love this game. It's insanely addictive and really fun. After watching the trailer I was slightly confused by the whole wheel concept, but everything fits together so perfectly.

I just got a score of 714 which I'm pretty happy with, but I'll keep trying! :D

13. thegamerocks06

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    Yes! It's mentioned in the 1st post!

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Stuck at 505 at the moment. I am playing from left to right and I find when I swipe to jump my finger goes over the repair wheel button. I have been experimenting with saving up coins or repairing the wheel to see which gets me to go farrrrther (ha ha). But sometimes my own inadequacies seem to choose for me and I end up repairing the wheel! Maybe I should try the opposite direction? That feels so backwards to me. Perhaps my bad technique is holding me back??

It is SUCH a fun game and TOTALLY addicting. I have a couple new games at the moment and yet the first thing I wanted to do this morning is see if I could get a higher score on this! SO worth more than 99 cents! Anyone that wants this game needs to pick it up at launch at the very much rock bottom price!

15. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    oh whoops :D. and they call me Mr Observant :eek:. how long ago?

16. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I stayed up until 4am playing this game the other day lol

17. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    How long will this contest go on? Wondering if i even have time to get 2nd at least :\

18. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Ahh... Has the contest started yet? I still see many scores blank in the image posted.

19. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    Yeah maybe, but they have time to submit :p

Btw, what is everyones technique for getting as far as you do? My highest is only in the mid 700s, but several of you (top 3) are above 1000s. Just curious.

20. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Do you win anything if you win the contest?