Wheeler's Treasure - Piratey Platformer - 99 cents! [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoLivesLeft, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Which new item sounds the most fun?

1. Pirate Pistol

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Peg Leg

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Voodoo Doll

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Pet Parrot

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Sacrificial Rubber Chicken

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    drats! lol enjoy it while you can:p

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Yeah. Lol

going to bed now 4.30am haha :p

3. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

The game is very fun once you get a hang of how to control the character. ^^

I'm still not high on the leaderboard but I'm getting better with each game so there's still hope :D

@TwoLivesLeft : great job on the unlockables, achievements, level design and complete customization of the controls! Great ideas all around for sure ^^

4. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    does the bucket cancel the effects of the telescope?

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Game sounds like a blast...can't wait to try it out when I get to my computer tonight...

6. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    i just got 1141 in adventure..
    this is just cruel lol

7. Very impressive!

I'm sorry to hear that. If the freezing issue happens again, would you be able to tell me where? Also the touch issue in the tutorial I've come across myself just recently - sometimes if you keep touching it will eventually go away. I'll look at these.

One of them is me :p (Simeon). Though my score isn't so high anymore. I'm not sure who the other is, someone from an earlier round of playtesting.

Regarding the compass: when you press it, it will teleport you near or inside the wheel depending on the direction in which you are jumping, here are the possibilities:

[​IMG]

Jump forward and press: Teleport in-front of the wheel
    Jump up and press: Teleport above the wheel
    Jump back and press: Teleport behind the wheel
    Jump down, or stay still and press: Teleport inside the wheel

Absolutely, I'll keep the scores up-to-date from OpenFeint whenever I get the chance. The prize for first place at the moment is a $25 iTunes US gift card. I'll be posting more about the prizes when I make the competition thread later on.

No, the telescope will still display on the screen where the next treasure is. The bucket lets you take cannonball hits to the head with no damage and take meteorite hits to the head with half damage!

Thanks very much!

Haha, We're amazed at your scores. Here's the board at the current time:

[​IMG]

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Each game mode has its own scoreboard, right?

9. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York

nvm just realized i had to select the map on the map section

10. Thanks for your feedback, LordGek! I'm glad you like the scoring system, we were specifically aiming for the trade-off that occurs between repairs and high scores.

There can be things gained by killing enemies if you have the right items. There are two fake-beards in the game.

[​IMG]

Your avatar (Fake beard, Red) will increase your skill-multiplier with each enemy you jump on, making you stronger, heal faster, and give cheaper repairs.

The other fake beard (Black) will give you a coin for each enemy you stomp. It doesn't sound like much but it very quickly adds up.

Yes, the scores I am posting are Adventure mode scores. The Rush mode, and eventually Endless Rush have a slightly different scoring mechanism: In addition to Coins and Yarrds, you also get 15 points for each Wheel piece still intact at the end of the level.

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Darn! Didn't see this thread. Accepting anymore testers?

12. The Telescope will work in Adventure mode if there is treasure to be found, so if nothing is showing up in Adventure mode it means the randomly generated World has no treasure in it. This can occur if there are only particularly rare treasures left to find. At the moment there are sixteen treasures in the game. We are currently working on two updates which contain at least two items each, one is the Voodoo Pack. (Which contains skyye's avatar, the Sacrificial Rubber Chicken.)

13. Because your name is making me hungry I think that might be a good idea :)

If you follow on twitter or become a fan on Facebook, post or tweet your TouchArcade username to us and we'll sort you out.

I'll post more details into the OP after lunch about accepting some more players into the competition.

14. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Tweeted! Thanks a lot, your game looks really good!

15. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Prab lets just say you are close to doubling my score. I keep dying a lot as I hit those damn skeletons which take a huge chubk of my health.

16. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    um does that apply to everyone?

17. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    This game just has a plethora of items that works in amazing ways. I was laughing when I found the wooden bucket hat lol...

@Simeon: Thanks for explaining the compass to me. I think I wasnt aware of all the flexibilities. Will all this be included in some help sheet in the game? Or maybe in the description of the item itself?

@Zlibd!! You broke my score!!! :p

18. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    It does explain. Just click the item when on the selection screen :p

Still havent got to play much, will play tomorrow a lot though ;)

19. Okay guys if you check the OP I've updated with five more places.

eggzbacon is in for following and tweeting, dumbname (I feel bad saying that) if you'd like to join up please follow the instructions in the OP. We'll be making the selection fairly soon. If more than four more people join up we'll select four randomly.

20. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Oops.. I missed that part of the description. I just know that its supposed to teleport me back to the wheel. Not sure why I missed the other details.

@TwoLivesLeft: Some of my maps were not marked "Completed" although I already obtained the treasures for them.