Wheeler's Treasure - Piratey Platformer - 99 cents! [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoLivesLeft, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Which new item sounds the most fun?

1. Pirate Pistol

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Peg Leg

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Voodoo Doll

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Pet Parrot

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Sacrificial Rubber Chicken

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Lol :D I Got my score and saw you had beat Prab and was waiting for it to show up...:p

2. No the updates we have planned are just regular free updates that we want to make to the game.

Weird ghost power you say, we'll try to find something else for them too.

Edit: Prab is overtaken

[​IMG]

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I like having another use for the money but how does one EVER afford something 5,000? This will be the accumulated left over cash of every game?

4. Absolutely, accumulated over all games and not just left-over. Whatever you pick up during a game is counted (you can see these values on your loot screen at the moment). 5000 is not a fixed value it's just what I pulled off the top of my head, sorry that it seems high - prices would be decided in testing.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm not expected to SELL my hard earned items to raise the money am I? ;)

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#306 jak56, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
    this game is worth way more than 99 cents! it could be a starting price then it should be raised to 1.99(at least)!!!!
    i know i posted this before but i dont think it got noticed enough.

edit:eek:h sorry! i didnt realize you guys had already addressed this!

7. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Sounds awesome TwoLivesLeft! Can't wait to buy the game and eagerly await for the updates. A second power for the Ghoul Boots would be a good idea, like maybe allow you to go "invisible" for a while, making you able to pass through enemies without injury. Just an idea.

All those new items and scenes sound very cool, as well as purchasing items, that would be awesome. Being able to get an item that you couldn't reach would be very useful. I think 5000 gold would be good though, because that means you still need to work at getting to 5000 anyway. All-in-all, updates sound great and can't wait for the game to come out! Definitely need to play more and get higher. I was gonna vote for THE STUD because it seems that in every game he plays, he gets to the top somehow ;P Good choice?

8. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Most of us arent allowed to vote (including you xFinch) because we are also competing for score :p Its in the competition rules somewhere...

9. Just went 1590yds but only had 10 coins so i only scored 1600 :( I'm never gonna beat that 1700 tho.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#310 jak56, Oct 31, 2009
    ++1 i love the idea! maybe double tap to activate a 'ghost' mode!
    however, this should be merged the ghost stomping idea as when you double tap the screen, you could become a ghost for 5-10 seconds(upgrades?). in that time, you can stomp on ghosts and go through other baddies!
    it should take about 30 seconds for that power to refill.
    or, when you double tap to use the ghost power, the coins start draining! maybe at a rate of 1 coin a second. then, when you want to not be a ghost anymore, you double tap again to go back normal

11. Fire Walkers

[​IMG]

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Hey everyone look at the title :D

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

iTunes link or get out!!! ;)

14. #314 TwoLivesLeft, Oct 31, 2009
    Thanks Dave!

Just officially announcing Wheeler's Treasure was Approved, and will be available shortly!

The competition will close and winners will be decided in 48 hours. It's time to get your high score.

Edit: Also the introductory sale will close on Midnight (PST) between Monday 2 November and Tuesday 3 November.

15. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

Congrats on being approved!

Sad times : the competition is ending and I still haven't mastered the game. :rolleyes:

16. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Yeah, that about sums it up. :rolleyes:

17. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  18. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It is approved. It can take a few hours to show up in the store.

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    This is a must have everyone! Though I am having trouble beating my score that is 6-something I am having LOADS of fun trying!!!!!! The opening price is a STEAL!!!!!!!

20. Now that you mention it, that's something we should consider.

That is pretty amazing! If you displace zlibd I think all the Pick the Winners so far will be a little surprised :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I love the idea of being able to go "ethereal" for a short time. Additionally, item upgrades are something we're thinking about. Double tapping to activate sounds like an interesting mechanic. I think we'll have to experiment with other ways to include non-primary abilities (whether a visible button, or double-tap).