Wheeler's Treasure - Piratey Platformer - 99 cents! [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoLivesLeft, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Which new item sounds the most fun?

1. Pirate Pistol

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Peg Leg

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Voodoo Doll

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Pet Parrot

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Sacrificial Rubber Chicken

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. friendlytoaster

friendlytoaster Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Programmer
    Chicago
    I haven't had much issues with the bats yet, but I totally agree about the ghosts. I'm usually jumping to avoid something else, and I *always* land on a ghost. I swear I hit every one I come across. They do a ton of damage too...

2. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #262 xFinch713x, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    yeah, a bit annoying. When and if that make the "TA's most hated" level/gameplay option, they should call it "Effin' Harrd!" haha xP

Idea for new item: Ghoul Boots- Can jump on ghosts without fear of getting your soul eaten :p

3. So did i ;) 3rd again...1200+ :D

4. Thanks guys! The game will be 0.99 for a short introductory period, after which it will probably go up to something like that.

I really like this idea of yours and it's something that we would love to include.

Hi cprloe, I wish I could tell you. Like I mentioned earlier, the game was submitted on October 14 and is currently in review with Apple.

You got to it first!

That's the video showing a run going past 1000 yarrds, though it looks like you have been able to manage that since. Hopefully this helps some people.

It includes the following Tombstones
    Palfince
    FriendlyToaster
    thegamerocks06
    jak56

The bats always bother me too. We'll be tweaking them a little.

I like this one and whoever came up with the idea of fire-retardent boots. These two are very do-able items.

5. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I like that idea! :D

6. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    I said fire-retardant pants :p

And yea, I've gotten 1013 points, but only made it to like 976 :\ So close to 1000! I'm not giving up yet though..

7. So you did!

Prab and zlibd are definitely starting to get some competition.

[​IMG]

8. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    So actually, has the contest started yet? and when does it end? lol...

9. It has officially started. All the current scores are valid, of course! You're in quite a good place at the moment, Prab.

The competition will end when the game is released (we will give 24 hours notice). If it is taking too long to release we will end it earlier and notify everyone 48 hours beforehand.

10. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Cool! Its time to get off the bench then :p Will play more this weekend :D

11. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    i got the pirate hat finally. lol. and The Blood Map :D Going for that amulet...

12. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    You know it's pretty cool how this game is a survival type game but yet it feels episodic because you play it differently and have a different experience each time you use different combinations of items. This also makes you play the game to hunt the treasures and get achievements (which makes it less survival-like which are typically very repetitive).

Eventually, with more and more items and with more people playing the game, you can see pretty cool clusters in the leaderboard coming from people who have used different combinations of items. It's a pretty brilliant game design :D

13. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    awesome... i missed both the new objects (Voodoo medalion or whatever and the thing at 1000), but i also got to 1009 yarrds, and only 4 coins, so, my top score is still only 1013... exactly! Gahhh, pisses me off matey ;P

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Kudos to the developers in making so many viable item combinations with none truly being "the one ultimate way"! A different combination of equipment and you're playing a similar but distinct "game variation".

15. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    And just got to 289 on Rush... fail. and then 277; fail. ugh.

16. :( Just got 1418 just 8 behind Prab :( Was looking at my health (2 bars) and didn't see only had 1 plank left,and i had 140+coins to get more..Oh well...Maybe beat it later...This is too addictive...So what combos are everyone using...I don't like the Cutler...so not using that...:D

17. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    I seem to have trouble when pressing one of the items and trying to jump. doesnt really work some of the time. anyone else experiencing this?

I am currently using: Pirate Hat, Wheeler's No. 4, Pirate Hook, Telescope, Red Fake Pirate Beard, and the Double Jump Boots.

18. I finally beat the Rush earlier...Ater first getting 279,292,297,301(Thought i had done it but missed it by a whisker) and that was still not enough but then finally got there...after pulling what little hair i have out...:D

19. I don't have any trouble pressing the items,but i sometimes press the wrong wrongs by mistake cos it gets frantic and i panic :D

I'm Currently using: Wooden Bucket,Voodoo Blood Amulet,Compass,Wheeler's No.4,telescope and Triple Jump Boots.

20. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    I just beat Rush Mode!!! And i got a score of 464 for 4th place :\ Got the Cutlass though! Time for Voodoo Blood Amulet and Triple Jump Boots ;)