Universal Wheel & Deal (by Juha Pennanen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #41 icoker, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    It occurred to me that I owe you some thank yous for having the game IAP-free. So thank you.

Also with the link, please don't hesitate to post on facebook, twitter, etc, because I really hope this game get some proper attention.

It's just too good to miss.

Another suggestion I'd like to make is to have customization options for cars. I think it would be good to see my Golf 2 stronger than the DeKorean just because I really dig its pink paint (and the soundtrack that goes with it). It would be cool to see more things to spend money on - not only on cars but maybe stats like speed, maneuverability, and health (the random pickup of shields/rapid fire/laserbeam is fine as it is)

Since the soundtrack is designated to one specific car, maybe you guys could add the option to spend in-game money to unlock certain soundtracks.

PS. Ive encountered a bug when I select the Laser Cowboy even though I purchased the DeKorean, it seems like I still "own" the DeKorean but unable to select it, after selecting the Laser Cowboy. Please fix it so that players can change their cars whenever they like without having to purchase cars again.

2. kristoffer

kristoffer Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Great game! Having the same issue with purchased cars no longer being available after selecting previous vehicles. Is this coming in the next fix/update?

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I really hope so. Im just laying off on the game as of now. Really want to switch cars since they all have their own soundtracks.

4. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

#44 robotegames, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Yiss, trying to fix this and that's why the update is taking a bit longer than originally planned.

Also, at this point you guys might wanna know that we are soon out of business as Robote Games - I'm fixin' this at the side as many of you have hoped for this feature.

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thank you, I really appreciate your efforts. It's unfortunate that the AppStore won't be seeing anymore works from such a talented team of developers.

6. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    i hope that isn't because of the sales not panning out like you hoped. just seeing that you came in here for the discussion, is just another confirmation to me that 90% of the game devs couldn't care less about the players or even have pride in their game.

i just bought it without looking at gameplay or reviews, the #1 reason is there was no IAP or any little 99ยข boosters. which can pretty much get tacked on to any game nowadays.

but now i feel bad that i bought it on sale. :-(

best of luck.

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Robotegames,

Are you planning on releasing the update, addressing fixes to certain bugs (car purchase)?

8. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I just played through to the last car, and it's a neat little high score arcade game. Admittedly, I got it while it was free, but I guess I didn't realize it was on sale to begin with. It feels like this was going to be a very different game, but ended up in its current form due to budget/time, and that's unfortunate.

I noticed there were prices on cars I had already bought, and the buy button didn't say switch/select, so I held off until I had "beaten" the game to test out whether or not I had to re-buy cars. The game was fun enough to get the last car once, but I have no desire to grind for that money again.

Since each car has a different music track, it would be cool if the music didn't start over each time you die. That way, and if the car switching worked, players would have a little more incentive to use previous cars.

9. callumo

callumo New Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Looks great fun, I need to give it go.

10. pgibson

pgibson New Member

May 11, 2015
    Looks real cool. good idea putting asteroids and cars together