Universal Wheel & Deal (by Juha Pennanen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

Okay guys, good points here which we will also look into when updating the game. Thanks everyone!

2. iAnimus

iAnimus Member

May 31, 2011
    Gameplay itself isn't my cup of tea, but I'm definitely digging the Blood Dragon vibes. ;)

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    er... from the trailer and the description i was 100% sure it was going to be awesome. sadly, i can't enjoy it so much, since the car dies way too easily, and half the upgrades i pick up are malfunctions.

I am with the second car. I will be patient until i get the 3rd car, and see if it becomes more fun. So far, it was fun for me once or twice, and the rest is just grind to get the third car with a hope it will be more fun. Pretty sad, since i was very excited about this one. Hopefully an update with tweaked gameplay/added content could fix this.

4. robotegames

Aight, we hear you! We are working on a balancing update today, we'll tweak the malfunctions, add some more healthpack slots and lower the prices of vehicles. Thanks for the feedback!

5. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Finland
    Meanwhile just grind a bit to get the third vehicle, does not take that much time and it definitely worth it!

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    In less than an hour I could achieve the third car and the last one, just think that more cars should be available for even more cash, it would be great to try to achieve 1000000 car stuff like that, more cars please!

7. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i'm really glad to hear that you hear us! But personally, i don't think the vehicles are too costly, just that the play time each time is too short, and i can't enjoy spining around with the wonderful 80s groove (i keep listening to True Faith - New Order, your music got it stuck in my head)

So: let us have more health, and play more (via permanent upgrades on the menu, not just found on the "road". And more cars and enemies, along with upgradeable health and shooting mechanisms, i think is what this game really needs :)

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Can you add more car types, different weapons (homing missiles, rockets, bombs or something) and more 80s car paint and background options? That would be cool.
    Also maybe a control option similar to Bit Pilot could help?

9. RTamminen

RTamminen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Have to ask, is that a Mk2 Golf turned into a hovercraft? :D Looks great!

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I want to like this so much, but just can't get into it.

11. robotegames

Haha yeah, it's Mk 2 indeed - had to pay homage to a classic!

Yeah, we are adding some more hp-kits to the upgrade lottery and some other small changes to balance the gameplay for starters. Nothing too dramatic, but we aim to keep the players alive a bit longer! Trying to push this small update to Apple early next week.

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Enjoying the game so far and looking forward to the previously mentioned tweaks.

One suggestion/request: audio options, where the music can be muted while keeping sound effects. The music is great and perfect for the game's theme but I'm playing enough that the music is starting to become repetitive/annoying. This happens to me with every iOS game that doesn't have audio options.

Just a suggestion and keep up the good work!

13. robotegames

Thanks! Still working on the tweak update, so everything's possible.

14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    will there be any more content? after i unlocked the 4th car i feel there is nothing else to do...

15. robotegames

Did you beat Spectre already? There's a little surprise at $100k when playing with the 4th vehicle.

:cool:

16. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    what? 100k? i don't know what kind of gamers you tested this with, but obviously this game was not for me, when i struggle to get 25k in one run with 4/5 boxes being malfunctions.

Felt like a total grind to get to the 4th car, and now there's no upgrades, no other cars, no customisation skins, just trying to beat your score to get to a one super hard enemy, i guess...

Anyway, 1.99 is almost negligible to refund, so i'll keep this in hopes of a content update... Excellent style and groovy game, but imo needed much more content with what you had going.

17. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Do you have any definite plans on introducing skidding animations like pink neon skidding tracks when you skid?

It would be cool to see some visuals to accentuate the authenticity of skidding with a layer of 80's neon-ness.

18. robotegames

Nice idea! As much as I'd love to see the game a bit more in the vein of Geometry Wars myself, the sales have been really poor (we are yet to break even) and about 50% of the guys you see in Game Center have not paid for the game.

A smallish update that balances the gameplay and addresses many bugs mentioned here will be uploaded in few days, and will be online as soon as Apple approves it.

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I will soon write a review on the game and maybe that could help bring some light to this gem.

20. robotegames

Thank you, much appreciated!