What's your work space like?Pics please!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MrLeQuack, Mar 1, 2011.

1. helloseeing

helloseeing Active Member

Apr 25, 2011
    so beautiful~

2. Bal Rokko

Bal Rokko Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Senior Programmer
    Scotland
    PC on left monitor, Mac Mini on right. Lots of Drum n Bass coming out of the speakers :) Only essential item missing is my coffee mug.

[​IMG]

3. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    New setup.

Attached Files:

4. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

such a clean desk, i miss that:)

5. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    This is my office here in the office (at work). I'll get a shot of my home office uploaded once I clean out my work space (it's a disaster!)

[​IMG]

6. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    I guess my workspace is the poorest of all.

[​IMG]

:)

7. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Oh this can be real fun :)

Here's my world domination zone!

[​IMG]

8. MrLeQuack

That's a lot of energy drinks :), love the setup!!

9. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    what i personally don't get is why so many people put their desk facing a wall.. i find this very odd and always hated to be "squeezed" against a wall.. all my desks always faced into the room and at best facing a window to be able to look out

10. MrLeQuack

A wall keeps you safe from distractions..

11. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well disabling the internet is alot more helpfull to minimize distraction than a nice view and to not face a wall (feels to me very confined, like sitting in a cubicle like a hen brrr)

12. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Thank you :) I just like the taste, don't really care about energy lol.

I didn't really get to pick haha.

Nice!

13. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    Facing a window during work can be annoying for a few reasons. Like others, said, it can be distracting. The sun can blend you - depends on your window's location of course). And when you write (on paper) the shadow of your pen and hand will drop to the area where you are writing.
    I think having a window to the left side of the desk is optimal. No annoying shadows, no blending, but you can still look out the window.

14. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

that must be some serious sunshine you get into your windows that the shadow of your hand distracts you o_O but you know the shadow would be actualy under where you write.. but maybe the pencils tip casted shadow annoys you too.. which would get in contact to your actual well tip ;D

personal preferences can sound more than odd to others :) hehe

as for direct sunlight, diffusing foil for the windows is pretty effective (also keeps your heat down during summer)

i find sunshine on a monitor alot more annoying, washing out all colors and depending on the monitor making it hard to see anything at all sometimes :D

anything apple doesnt like any kind of external light anway.. with all their shiny 50 extra glass layers and their special anti-anti-glare coatings ;D

15. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    we just moved. Companions was done at Ralphs and my home. we needed a better place and are very happy that we found such a nice and relativly low priced (for Germany) work room.

[​IMG]

I like green btw. :)

16. MrLeQuack

Congrats!This looks nice, plenty of light!Nice view btw, is your office situated in the jungle?:)

17. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    I made a drastic change to my work space today, raised the surface of my desk by a foot or so. I spend too much time sitting. After only a few hours it already seems more productive.

[​IMG]

18. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @MrLeQuack: yes, it's the evil german jungle. we have to fight our way through hordes of giant snakes each day. you need to do some physical stuff to compensate sitting on the computer for hours without end. :D

@GlennX: looks great! once we have enough money I'll get a height adjustable desk where I can work while standing, that's for sure. We already bought height adjustable table legs (I hate Ikea, but if you have to look on your money, it's good...). I'm 1,92m, so working on standard 70-75 cm table is killing me after a short while.

19. Just a simple home office for me, very few gadgets & hardware compared to everyone here. :eek:

[​IMG]

20. cocoyan

cocoyan New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    student
    earth
    I like it.I think it is pretty in the summer.