What's your favorite radio app ?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Max_TO, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    My two favorite radio apps are SHOUTcast and tunein radio .

What are some of your favorite radio apps ?

2. iGotIt

iGotIt Well-Known Member

+1 for SHOUTcast

3. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Let's hope they update SHOUTcast to run in the background / multitask

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Smart Tunes from Left Coast Logic. It's effin awesome. Only $.99 cents too. I got it back when it was free though ^.^

5. Looks nice. Doesn't appear to support multitasking though, so I'll have to pass.

I've been using Flycast. It's relatively basic, but it works in the background and supports tons of stations.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Doesn't support multi-tasking you say? Before my iPod died, 4.0 Just came out and I had a 2nd gen so it wasn't a big deal to me. Now that I will be getting my iPod touch 4th gen here in a the next week or so, that kind of is a big deal. My bad! But yeah it is very nice lol.

7. Yeah, I did a search on the App Store a while back specifically looking for an internet radio app that worked in the background and was disappointed to find how few there were, as I would have thought these would have been some of the first apps to get updated to support multltasking. That's how I ended up with FlyCast, as it's one of the only ones that does. That may have changed somewhat since then, and I think there are some pay ones that support it (Internet Radio Box, for example) but of the free ones, your choices seem quite limited.

8. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    have i misunderstood something here ?

don't all of the "biggies" support it

ie ooTunes, Wunder Radio, Pocket Tunes Radio - just to name the expensive ones

9. Sarah Hastings

Oct 18, 2010
    iPhone application and technology consultant
    I agree with your point that, there are very few radio apps, specially the free ones. I hope more application developers would be coming with new applications to fill in this gap.