What's with the Authoritarian Moderators on TA!?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by natedogg213, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    He is not a dictator. He is a loving god(like pocket god) except he doesn't kill the good pygmies.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't see a problem with the mass thread. It's not that hard to check the newest posts to see if your question has been answered. A reply should be within just a page or two. It's not like your expecting someone to read your post and answer it 3 weeks later or anything. That thread seems more like a chat room in a way. A place to get some quick suggestions or comments about certain games. Just click "View First Unread" at the top of the screen and it takes you right to where you left off. I don't see the problem.

And if you think about it, if everyone continued to make "what game should I get" threads, even if you did make your own thread it would get bumped off the first page in a couple hours anyway. I've seen a million of those threads float away with zero or just a couple replies. IMO you have a better chance of getting responses in the mass thread.

Of course, I've never actually used the mass thread. I've never had the need to ask somebody what game I should buy. :confused:

And in regards to the original topic here, I think TA is one of the better moderated forums considering it's size and activity. All they're trying to do is keep thinks tidy and on topic, and I think your examples are weak. It's pretty normal for mods to move threads to correct sub forums. People take that sort of stuff way too personally. And as you said yourself, if you don't like it then leave. You won't be missed.

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Uh oh, spaghetti-o.

4. Symbolist

Symbolist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Once was a writer; then AS became to overwhelming
    Useless crap sorted out. Where is the problem? Some people spam a new thread every time they feel bored.